AT&T double your data 10GB to 20GB FREE (existing customers only)

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
It's nice but not enough to keep me as a customer after leaving a very sour taste in mouth from CS and this whole IP6+ ordering fiasco.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the phone with them now trying to get this deal. I've been on hold for five minutes

Edit: Just got it!! Happy camper here! Now to order this iPad Air 2 or not..Lol!

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The retention department is "currently experiencing an unusual high volume of calls." On hold with them right now, the guy seemed flustered and annoyed when I asked for the retention department.

Thanks for the heads up. Crossing my fingers they give it to me,

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
WOOT!!! Got it!

The retention guy claimed it's supposed to be for special circumstances and people who are struggling financially. He didn't put up any kind of fight though, just said "since the cat is out of the bag they're honoring it at this time."

Thanks a bunch for posting this!

MaikJay

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks OP!! I chatted with a CS just now and he said that although retention is closed he would take care of me and will call me back tomorrow with my confirmation. That was easy and I didn't have to call. Hopefully everything works out as planned!

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I am "chatting" with a rep right now. First she tried to move me to the 20GB plan, doubled to 40GB (thinking that is what I wanted). Then I said I wanted the "double 10 to 20", so she moved me to the 20GB plan, but without the doubled data (so I was still paying for the 20GB plan, but not getting doubled data). She then said there wasn't a 10 doubled to 20 option, but I asked her to transfer me to a retention individual. We will see.

(20GB is ideal for me - I will be getting one or two more lines soon as my kid gets a phone (6 or 7 total), but 30GB is overkill. Between 10 and 30, however, I will probably go with 30.)

EDIT: Once I got transfered to the retention representative, it was done literally in about 2 minutes. They confirmed that it was 10GB price plan, doubled to 20GB. Interestingly, if you log on to your account, it looks like it is a "special plan" and you can't automatically change it.

Chris

Last edited:

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I was going to mention that. I wanted to see the plan so I logged into my plan online and you can't actually see the plan nor can you change it

It's called Mobile Share1

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I had been using the 20gb plan for the last year, I moved to the 15gb plan and ended up with 30gb and a savings of $40 a month. 9 lines with 30gb of data for $225 a month is a great deal.

orangeman

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
As of Saturday morning 10-25 they are telling me I missed the window and it is no longer available. She said she was a top tier retention person and she can say with certainty that it is gone for the 10GB free doubling.

If anyone has successfully done this on 10-25 and beyond, I would appreciate knowing how you did it. They are holding firm after I spoke with 3 different people.

MaikJay

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I would think as long as they continue to show Lilly's commercial w/ James Vanderbeek then the offer is still running. I saw the commercial last night not knowing that's what it was for...all along I was thinking this deal was an imore super secret forum promo going on. Lol!

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
When I talked to my guy earlier this week when it was posted, he said it was definitely a temporary thing. I seen someone else post in this thread that the person they talked to said they didn't know how much longer this woudl last because so many people have started calling.

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I would think as long as they continue to show Lilly's commercial w/ James Vanderbeek then the offer is still running. I saw the commercial last night not knowing that's what it was for...all along I was thinking this deal was an imore super secret forum promo going on. Lol!

Thats the 30gig for 15gig offer. Which is for the entire month.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The guy I talked to kept using phrases like, "at this time" and "right now." I'm thinking they closed whatever loophole that made it possible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh