Anyone using the Zagg glass protector?

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Bestbuy has the Zagg Glass for $25 right now. Not sure how long that will last though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great deal! And the guys at Zagg told me that they have a partnership deal with Best Buy so the sales reps are super-knowledgeable about the product and probably do the best job of applying them!

I wonder if they will take care of the replacements in-store? (Probably not, since it's the whole warranty registration thing.) But maybe if you bring in proof of purchase from Best Buy they'll put the replacement on for you...

Last edited:

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Mine is chipped in several places around the edges and the entire bottom right corner is shattered... I have not dropped or bumped the phone... This is annoying.

Alex Gosser

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Mine is slightly scratched on the edges and has one chip on the top left of the protector.
Regardless, I would not change it. The Zagg glass is the BEST screen protector I've ever owned.

Alex Gosser

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
We are using them for my 6 plus and for my wife's iPhone 6, we don't have any issues with fingerprints.

This is the biggest reason why I love it. Unfortunately there is minor chipping/scratching along the edges. They do offer life-time warenty though (if it ever gets bad enough where I decide to send it in xD).

entrov

Banned
Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a tech armor ballistic glass screen protecter!
I have the tech armor waiting to be put on my 6 plus, but I already have the zagg glass installed. The tech armor is quite a bit thicker so I imagine it offers a bit of extra protection. I picked up my 6 plus from bestbuy and had them install the zagg and after watching them chip, misalign, or just have some issue with 5 protectors before handing it back to me, I'm feeling trapped with my Zagg :eek: I want to try the thicker one, but there's no way I'm removing the more expensive Zagg yet.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a replacement screen just for the hell of it a week or so ago and got it in the mail today...lined it up pretty close, so it's livable...we'll see how chipping goes with this one because the other one was starting to develop larger chips where the small ones were before. Honestly, I think the glass is too fragile and is getting chipped on insignificant things like pressure on the edges and stuff. Hopefully this one fairs better.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
We received my husband's replacement from Zagg and after about a week it has a small chip on the bottom near the home button. If the chip turns into a crack again, he'll replace it.

Does anyone know if Zagg will just keep replacing the screens since it's a lifetime warranty or is it a one-time deal?

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
We received my husband's replacement from Zagg and after about a week it has a small chip on the bottom near the home button. If the chip turns into a crack again, he'll replace it.

Does anyone know if Zagg will just keep replacing the screens since it's a lifetime warranty or is it a one-time deal?

It's a lifetime warranty. Just have to pay the 5.99 shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a replacement screen just for the hell of it a week or so ago and got it in the mail today...lined it up pretty close, so it's livable...we'll see how chipping goes with this one because the other one was starting to develop larger chips where the small ones were before. Honestly, I think the glass is too fragile and is getting chipped on insignificant things like pressure on the edges and stuff. Hopefully this one fairs better.

I too, think these are a bit too fragile since these chips and cracks appear out of nowhere and the phones haven't been dropped or mishandled. My husband and I have both already replaced our Zagg Glass under warranty. His replacement chipped on the bottom almost immediately and has a couple of new chips on the sides. And I just noticed yesterday that my replacement Zagg has one long, almost-imperceptible-but-definitely-there crack diagonally across the bottom half and one smaller crack on the left side. Not going to bother with another glass replacement. Like yours, ours are livable for now but will probably try the HDX next. Too bad, because we love the feel of the glass. :(

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
2 days go my wife fell asleep on our way home from a party...her phone was sitting in her lap in the car, but being half asleep when we got home, she didn't think of it when she stood up and stepped out of the car. Her phone fell face down onto the asphalt and it shattered the Zagg glass, but not a mark was left on the actual screen...not even a scratch.

We ordered a replacement and it should be here this week. I was quite amazed by how it protected the actual screen, and now know that every iPhone I have in the future will have a zag glass protector on it. I am 100% on board with these things now...

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
My Zagg screen protector has been great. However, it did seem to chip out of nowhere his past week. I will give it more time before I request a warranty replacement.

iDEVEL0P3R

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, the day I purchased my i6+, it sucks! Finger prints all over. The ZAGG Original is also a pain. Wheres the Smudge proof one!? :(

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think some of the people complaining about smudges and finger print problems on their zagg screen protectors should try some damn soap and water...ON YOUR HANDS. How does this even happen? I mean sure, fingerprints are going to happen, but it's no more than the regular screen...certainly no worse.