Hard choice iPhone 6 Plus or Samsung Note 4

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I had the note 1 and 2 and loved them but just stopped using the s-pen and the software had too many features it do not use. I love the hardware of the Note 4.

I will be ordering the Nexus 6 which will have the performance I want, stock android and reports are the camera is very much improved.

Can't wait to go a week each in my 6+ and Nexus 6!

Switching my SIM every week I mean.

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I currently have them both, and it's definitely a tough decision. I've been a Galaxy fan for a long time, and I'm always tempted to try each iteration of the iPhone to see if I can stick it out with Apple phone wise.

There are just some things I love to do on Android that can't be easily done with iPhone. Torrent downloads, regular downloads.

But in the end I always have my iPad for my iOS. Fix because hands down apple has the best tablets.

Sam_Lee

Banned
Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Go for note if you are choosing between note 4 and 6 plus. This is a nice phone. I'm skipping iphone 6 plus and also waiting for the iPhone 7.

thecaringkind

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I actually ordered the 6+ today at a Verizon store. I really considered the Note 4 as it is a compelling package of hardware and software. Ultimately though I already have an Nvidia Shield Tablet that comes with a stylus and is pretty powerful in its own right. I also have a Nokia Lumia Icon and felt it was time to take a walk on the Apple side with the 6+. I live the feel of the phone in hand and appreciate the extra real estate screen wise. Plus the Apple ecosystem and support are still tops in the field. The storage issue really made my decision a little tougher though seeing as the Note 4 comes with 32 gigs baked in AND has an SD card slot to expand. Great value there as Apple continues its really craven practice of charging more for memory than any other OEM on earth...so I got the 16 G, (needed to save that $100 premium), and 20Gigs of iCloud storage. I think that should tide me over as I am not a media fiend. Cheers!

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
IMO both apple and samsung make great products head to head I believe ios is way better than touch wiz on Android but Vanilla Android no way I believe android has ios beat

As far as devices I'm rocking a note 4 and again IMO out the box apple iPhone 6 plus beats it because it's smoother and more refind for the average user it's perfect but rooted note 4 and jailbroke iPhone 6 plus hands down note 4 wins specs ascetics or anything else is just superficial
. At the end which one is better... It's simply user defined

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Well I've been going back and forth between the two. Today's the day I'm getting my new phone. I'm gonna go with the iPhone 6 plus. I just want something different as I've been using samsung devices for almost 3 years now. I'm getting the air 2 today as well, so I might as well go all in.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I kept both, they are quite different devices. Once you start using the s-pen there is no other.
I'm on ATT so I bought the T-Mobile version, bought an unlock code so it works with my ATT sim, installed custom recovery and an awesome rom. It's fluid and has crazy battery life.

The 6+ is running 8.1 so I can jailbreak it and did. Can't get rid of either device. Have a white speck grip on the iphone 6+ and a black speck grip on the note 4 so I know which one to pick up from the table!

First world problems! :p

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
My 2 employees have there note 4s so i compare them with mine hahah they are awesome but i had the note 2 before and only lasted 3 months with it didn't like the os ecosystem too complex!! Now I'm loving the 6 plus!!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The Note 4 has a better screen and more RAM, so I would give it the Nod, but it really depends on which ecosystem you want to get into.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone also has a brighter screen, by about 30%.
Personally I prefer ips to amoled, especially for reading.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

One thing that one cannot complain about with the Note 4 is the screen. It's the best smartphone screen on the market right now, easily. Brightness, ability to dim in low light/darkness, sunlight readability (can go up to 700 nits or so with Auto Brightness), sharpness, color accuracy, power efficiency, etc. It's top notch.

Personally, I want an iPhone right now, but the backorders are just too much. I might have to settle for the Note 4, and since I'm coming from a Note 3 (and an M8 on the side) it's not really going to set me up for any disappointment... The Note 3 is fine, I just want to upgrade "cause I can." Lol. And, why not try something new.

I'd actually prefer the 6, but I have no faith in its small battery.

I'm not waiting 6-8 weeks on a list for a phone. No phone is that good, to me.

I am very concerned about issues with bending, and moreso with the Storage issues... I don't want to end up with a lemon, and have to deal with support for that kind of stuff... Especially if they try to make me pay to replace something that was faulty to begin with. I've never dealt with Apple support, so I'm not sure how that works. With Android phones typically I got sent a replacement at no cost.

When I go to the Verizon store Monday, if they don't have any 64 GB iPhones, I will almost certainly walk out with the Note 4.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
One thing that one cannot complain about with the Note 4 is the screen. It's the best smartphone screen on the market right now, easily. Brightness, ability to dim in low light/darkness, sunlight readability (can go up to 700 nits or so with Auto Brightness), sharpness, color accuracy, power efficiency, etc. It's top notch.

Personally, I want an iPhone right now, but the backorders are just too much. I might have to settle for the Note 4, and since I'm coming from a Note 3 (and an M8 on the side) it's not really going to set me up for any disappointment... The Note 3 is fine, I just want to upgrade "cause I can." Lol. And, why not try something new.

I am very concerned about issues with bending, and moreso with the Storage issues... I don't want to end up with a lemon, and have to deal with support for that kind of stuff... Especially if they try to make me pay to replace something that was faulty to begin with. I've never dealt with Apple support, so I'm not sure how that works. With Android phones typically I got sent a replacement at no cost.

When I go to the Verizon store Monday, if they don't have any 64 GB iPhones, I will almost certainly walk out with the Note 4.

Iphone 6+ screen broke records to be one of the best displays ever i would stick with the 6+

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

As an owner/user of both I agree with this.
The display on the Note 4, by far, is the best I've seen on any smartphone, period. When the color setting of basic is used, it's very accurate in color reproduction.

A good comparison between both devices can be found here. Good reading!

TBH you cannot go wrong with either device.

iPhone 6 Plus vs. Galaxy Note 4: The Big Bang - GSMArena.com

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Iphone 6+ screen broke records to be one of the best displays ever i would stick with the 6+

No offense, but the iPhone 6+'s screen doesn't even hold a Candle to the Note 4's. Go look at them side by side. The 6+ would have compared quite well against the Note 3, though.

The screen on my Note 3 is perfectly fine for me and I have no issues at all with AMOLED so it's not like it's some huge deciding factor for me, anyways. I was responding to another pos.

Went to order a 64GB 6+ and by the time I got to the payment screen, it was back on back-order.

I was starting to get a bit uneasy at the price, anyways. I don't think it's worth $150 more than a Note, but I was actually kind of looking forward to forsaking Samsung. However, it seems they are the only option at this time, and I want something new NOW :)

Too bad the 6 has such poor battery life compared to the Phablets (or even an S5/M8, to be frank).

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
No offense, but the iPhone 6+'s screen doesn't even hold a Candle to the Note 4's. Go look at them side by side. The 6+ would have compared quite well against the Note 3, though.

The screen on my Note 3 is perfectly fine for me and I have no issues at all with AMOLED so it's not like it's some huge deciding factor for me, anyways. I was responding to another pos.

Went to order a 64GB 6+ and by the time I got to the payment screen, it was back on back-order.

I was starting to get a bit uneasy at the price, anyways. I don't think it's worth $150 more than a Note, but I was actually kind of looking forward to forsaking Samsung. However, it seems they are the only option at this time, and I want something new NOW :)

Too bad the 6 has such poor battery life compared to the Phablets (or even an S5/M8, to be frank).

2 of my employees have Note 4's and we did compared, through in full brightness 6+ looks as good as the Note 4's screen even for a 1080p compared to 1440p which isn't too much of a difference. Note 4 is a beautiful phone and I was also about to get it because of my employee's but I wanted to stick with iPhone 6+

Both phones are excellent phones through :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW