Hard choice iPhone 6 Plus or Samsung Note 4

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I gave my 6 to my wife and went back to my 5s. I loved the 6 too but she wanted one bad and couldnt find one anywhere. I decided to be the nice husband lol.

You sound like a good guy. I'm actually thinking about giving my 6 to my wife, the 5 to her mom and getting the 6 plus. I had the plus for a day before but thought it was too big. Now that I'm comfortable with the 6 it's starting to feel a little small to me.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I bought a Samsung Note 4 this year I'm going to try to stick out out until the iPhone 7 comes out I still have my iPad anyone else have a hard time choosing between an iPhone 6 Plus and a Samsung Note 4
My main reason for going with a Note 4
1. It was available and the iPhone 6 Plus was not from Tmobile
2. I saved money received $200 from samsung
3. Try something different

I know an iPhone works flawlessly but it's a choice I had to make

Thank YOU. As an Apple enthusiast, I needed to know more about peoples decisions in going with the Samsung Note 4.

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Prefer the 6 got both devices but everyone is different and many many people prefer Samsung and Samsung touchwiz can be changed w another launcher but the sPen is the appeal unless you don't care for sPen
The note series is a great series from Sammy!
I like HTC sense after IOS
I have not used HTC since the HTC EVO

Phil12299

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Choosing one over the other because it's available now vs waiting sounds like a recipe for dissatisfaction down the road. Choose what you actually want, not what you can get the fastest

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Choosing one over the other because it's available now vs waiting sounds like a recipe for dissatisfaction down the road. Choose what you actually want, not what you can get the fastest
I agree with you 100%
So I went with what I really wanted a new phone that is awesome right now

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank YOU. As an Apple enthusiast, I needed to know more about peoples decisions in going with the Samsung Note 4.
My decision was not based on fluid appeal. If that were the case iPhone would win against any Samsung but against a true Vanilla Android like the Nexus that would be a hard choice. I guess the only example would be if Apple would let the IOS software be open source and another company would cone along and build on top of it and add their own little functions and look... more than likely a Vanilla IOS would run smoother than the other

iDivergent

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm also having a problem between some devices,
* iPhone 6
* iPhone 6 Plus
* Samsung Galaxy Note 4
* HTC One M8
* HTC One M8 Prime ( coming soon )
* HTC One M9 ( coming soon )

My requirments:
I need a good camera
I need a good designed phone
I was Android app developer and I stopped 2 months ago after having done my first and only app, Smooth Browser LTD, I'm done with tweaking and rooting phones, that's why I'm considering buying a iPhone.
I've heard bending issues with both iPhones and that's why I having problems with the new iPhones and my decision...

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Congrats and good luck with it. I went with the 6 Plus. I'm very well into the eco system along with my entire family.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
* iPhone 6
* iPhone 6 Plus
* Samsung Galaxy Note 4
* HTC One M8

My requirments:
I need a good camera
I was Android app developer and I stopped 2 months ago after having done my first and only app, Smooth Browser LTD, I'm done with tweaking and rooting phones, that's why I'm considering buying a iPhone.
I've heard bending issues with both iPhones and that's why I having problems with the new iPhones and my decision...

Treat your phone with respect and you won't have a bending phone.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't do stupid things with it.
I'll take the iPhone 6 not the plus because it's way to big.
Is there a lower chance on bending with the iPhone 6 in comparison with the plus?

Yep, there is a lower chance of bending for the 6 because the phone is smaller and has a smaller moment arm for less torque about any pivots.

As for the M8, you said in your list of wants that you wanted a camera but I wouldn't go with the M8 if that was the case. My M7's camera didn't work well at all even in the best of circumstances and I've seen the same with other users at AC. You'll get really soft and blurry pictures because of all that extra light.

The iPhone's camera has freakishly fast focusing so if that is something you want, it is worth considering.

My Galaxy's camera, when I had it, was slow focusing but I'm not sure if they improved things with the S5/Note 4

The 6+ is just as big as the Note 4 so if you are looking for a smaller phone maybe a GS5/iPhone/M8 is best

Good luck with your decision. I would go try out all these bad boys out at the store to get a feel for all of them along with visiting their respective forums to see the kind of issues you might have

Last edited:

alias3800

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it so much left, but people started getting curious and looking around trying new things out. For a lot of people like me apple is always going to be home base

I don't know why but that's the case for me too: Apple (iPhone specifically) is always home base. Ironic, considering Google services is what I use to store everything.

youngzayiles

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Im going through this now.. I currently have a note 3 haven't had a iphone in years... But I get bored after a while and have had about 4 years on the other side, 2 years with other android phones and another 2 years as far as the note 2 and 3.. Im strongly considering the iphone 6+ to give ios a go again because I have been waiting for Apple to get with the program as far as bigger phones.. Only thing is I need a wifi tethering option and there are no options for that without a jailbreak that I currently know of.... Well unless you guys know anything lol.. Im not paying Verizon a dollar more for anything lol.... I wish I could just bring my tethering app Foxfi with me... I just don't know if I want to jailbreak due to apple pay because id like to use that and I don't know how id feel bypassing security features using programs that could access my money....

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
* iPhone 6
* iPhone 6 Plus
* Samsung Galaxy Note 4
* HTC One M8

My requirments:
I need a good camera
I think the bending issues are exaggerated I have looked and felt the iPhone 6 and 6 plus on my hand even though to me the look dies look cheap but it does feel solid at least the 6 does to me

Another you should as to your list is the Nexus 6 that phone is sick

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't do stupid things with it.
I'll take the iPhone 6 not the plus because it's way to big.
Is there a lower chance on bending with the iPhone 6 in comparison with the plus?
6 seems more solid
I don't know why but that's the case for me too: Apple (iPhone specifically) is always home base. Ironic, considering Google services is what I use to store everything.
I think mist people use Google services over apple except itunes

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Im going through this now.. I currently have a note 3 haven't had a iphone in years... But I get bored after a while and have had about 4 years on the other side, 2 years with other android phones and another 2 years as far as the note 2 and 3.. Im strongly considering the iphone 6+ to give ios a go again because I have been waiting for Apple to get with the program as far as bigger phones.. Only thing is I need a wifi tethering option and there are no options for that without a jailbreak that I currently know of.... Well unless you guys know anything lol.. Im not paying Verizon a dollar more for anything lol.... I wish I could just bring my tethering app Foxfi with me... I just don't know if I want to jailbreak due to apple pay because id like to use that and I don't know how id feel bypassing security features using programs that could access my money....
If you can afford Verizon get a second line and enjoy both android and iPhone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR