Well, I'm a little disappointed with Apple Pay.

RetroHarley

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I only own 3 Credit Cards, Citibank (Personal Card), Wells Fargo (Company Card) and US Bank (Debit Card) linked to my checking account.

All 3 are listed as approved banks, the only one I could setup was the Citibank Card. Got error message on the other 2 that they were not approved cards.

Fortunately I charge 95% of my transactions on my Citibank card (for the Reward Points) but I was looking forward to using all three cards in Apple Pay.

Anyone else have the same issue?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Not all banks are rolling out support today... some are later this fall, and others into early next year. Check with your banks to see when they're planning to roll out support.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I only own 3 Credit Cards, Citibank (Personal Card), Wells Fargo (Company Card) and US Bank (Debit Card) linked to my checking account.

All 3 are listed as approved banks, the only one I could setup was the Citibank Card. Got error message on the other 2 that they were not approved cards.

Fortunately I charge 95% of my transactions on my Citibank card (for the Reward Points) but I was looking forward to using all three cards in Apple Pay.

Bet you can’t top this - honest to God, dead serious comment from my bank:

My bank (credit union) is not participating because "to use Apple Pay you have to take a photo of your credit/debit card and it gets stored in the 'cloud'. You know, Apple's cloud was recently hacked. So we are not participating in an effort to protect you". Not sure how you fight this kind of ignorance.

And yes, I am looking for a new bank. Wow.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Works with my Chase Debit and Bank of America Debit. Used them both today at Whole Foods and CVS. Worked perfectly. Also use AMEX as my only credit card, so I should be in good shape.

The thing I like about Google Wallet is that it gives you a receipt and you can see all of your transactions in google wallet. Apple Pay is telling me when my last transaction was but no details. I do not want to have to log in to my bank app to see my transactions...or save my receipts...that is so 2013!

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Bet you can’t top this - honest to God, dead serious comment from my bank:

My bank (credit union) is not participating because "to use Apple Pay you have to take a photo of your credit/debit card and it gets stored in the 'cloud'. You know, Apple's cloud was recently hacked. So we are not participating in an effort to protect you". Not sure how you fight this kind of ignorance.

And yes, I am looking for a new bank. Wow.
That sucks. And I lol'd. Not at you but the bank response.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

It's only the first day, I am sure it will roll out to more cards over time.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Works with my Chase Debit and Bank of America Debit. Used them both today at Whole Foods and CVS. Worked perfectly. Also use AMEX as my only credit card, so I should be in good shape.

The thing I like about Google Wallet is that it gives you a receipt and you can see all of your transactions in google wallet. Apple Pay is telling me when my last transaction was but no details. I do not want to have to log in to my bank app to see my transactions...or save my receipts...that is so 2013!

Agreed. I thought it was missing something and that my transactions were somewhere else. I hope Apple changes that. I would like a log as well.

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Mine is not supported yet either.. CU. if they don't end up supporting it in the future, this whole apple pay NFC is just a complete waist; considering that you can't do anything else BUT use it for Apple pay.

dazzlingirl

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

If you click on the 'I' information icon at the bottom right of the card of your choice, you will see a listing of your most recent transactions.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I have my Wells Fargo debit card, my student credit card from Bank of America and the American express In Apple pay. I only hope it can work at Costco asap.

I can't wai to use it!!!!!

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Humm interesting both my BOA debit car and my Corporate Amex issued by my company both got added to Apple Pay just fine. I love how it shows my last purchase on the Amex in passbook it also links to the Amex app to!!! Now I just have to buy something with Apple Pay

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If you guys actually take the time to do some research, some banks are having some issues like Citi, all of mine work fine
B of A debit/cretic and Chase Freedom, however my credit union won't support it yet

RetroHarley

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Well, I tried again tonight to add USBank and Wells Fargo, no luck.

But I did go down to the Chinese Restaurant and Walgreens tonight and it worked flawlessly on my Citi card.

And both times the employees at the businesses hovered around the machine to see if it would work.

Nailed it. So cool!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234