Well, I'm a little disappointed with Apple Pay.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I have no need to add a debit card (I almost never use a debit card to pay with). My Amex added ok. Waiting on discover and Barclays.

Credit union cc probably won't be supported but it's strictly used at gas stations. Although come to think it that would be great at the pump.

I can't say I'm disappointed because I knew things would be slow to develop.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Apple has said that they are not going to track your purchases due to privacy and security concerns. If I want to track my purchases I'll just use my wells fargo app which is perfectly fine.

My Wells Fargo VISA card added easily and I was able to use it today at CVS

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine shows nothing (Chase debit). I just see last transaction showing --.

If I remember correctly when you use a card with ApplePay apple doesn't know what you are spending it on. So you would have to go to the banks app or online to check what was purchased. Hence why most of the big bank and CC's are pushing this... Wouldn't hurt to double check tho...

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
For the people who added a Wells Fargo card.. Did you have to download the Wells Fargo Verify app to finish the setup? I have two choices to verify my card and they are to call the bank itself or download some app. I opted to call the first time but there are no prompts for Apple Pay and I couldn't get anyone on the phone.

Are the verification methods the same for each bank?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I was given the option to install the capital one app after adding my MasterCard but it was not necessary

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
For all the people saying it takes a picture of your card. It doesn't. It reads the information. No picture is saved.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried to use my 6 Plus to pay at McDonalds this morning and nothing happened. The cashier said the terminal was ready, the light was on, I held the phone to the terminal but nothing. I wonder if it has anything to do with the leather case. I'll try it at another store this evening.

Last edited:

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
If you guys actually take the time to do some research, some banks are having some issues like Citi, all of mine work fine
B of A debit/cretic and Chase Freedom, however my credit union won't support it yet
Another one ey? This IS a form of research. A large portion of the GP will not adopt Apple Pay right off the bat, let alone even know what it is or what it does. The people here came to the right place to share information since we are all early adopters. Loose the attitude.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
For the people who added a Wells Fargo card.. Did you have to download the Wells Fargo Verify app to finish the setup? I have two choices to verify my card and they are to call the bank itself or download some app. I opted to call the first time but there are no prompts for Apple Pay and I couldn't get anyone on the phone.

I didn't have to do anything- it verified OTA. I have a debit card. I have the WF app- just the regular phone app that I've had all along.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

I added my Wells Fargo debit card and I didn't have to do anything either. I got an email from Wells Fargo about an hour after adding it to Passbook saying that the card was successfully added.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

I just took a pic to my card and it was already set up. It was that easy. I didn't have to do anything else. :-/ sucks that it says you have to do that.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

For Capital One I did. I was given two options:

Download a Capital One app
Call in to Capital One and have them verify via the phone

I deleted the card and decided it was not that important at that moment to have it connected on Apple Pay as of yet.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
For Capital One I did. I was given two options:

Download a Capital One app
Call in to Capital One and have them verify via the phone

I deleted the card and decided it was not that important at that moment to have it connected on Apple Pay as of yet.

Yeah, my options are to either call WF or to download the WF Verify App. I don't really understand the purpose of the downloading a separate app but I'm not sure what they could do if I called.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My Schwab Visa was not accepted (though Shwab told me yesterday that they will be, they're working on it) but my BoA Visa was. I prefer using the Schwab but oh well.
Apple Pay is in its infancy right now. IT HAS TO START SOMEWHERE.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW