Well, I'm a little disappointed with Apple Pay.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
If you click on the 'I' information icon at the bottom right of the card of your choice, you will see a listing of your most recent transactions.

Yes it saw that. But mine only tells me the the last transaction and time of yesterday. If I hit the "I" it prompts me to open the Chase app on my phone. There are no transactions listed.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I guess it makes sense they want you to go to your bank app for transactions. I heard they did not know what you were buying but thought it would show merchant, date and amount in passbook.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes it saw that. But mine only tells me the the last transaction and time of yesterday. If I hit the "I" it prompts me to open the Chase app on my phone. There are no transactions listed.
On mine it shows the transaction I made at CVS along with the option to open the BOA app/contact them when I click on the "i"

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Bet you can?t top this - honest to God, dead serious comment from my bank:

My bank (credit union) is not participating because "to use Apple Pay you have to take a photo of your credit/debit card and it gets stored in the 'cloud'. You know, Apple's cloud was recently hacked. So we are not participating in an effort to protect you". Not sure how you fight this kind of ignorance.

And yes, I am looking for a new bank. Wow.
I will say this. I had to restore my phone from the firmware. I deleted all backups, local and icloud. Later i reinstalled everything from firmware off of apple's server. Obviously since i deleted backups I didnt' do any restore from backups. With my new install I turned off icloud photo backups. I turned off photostream. i only use icloud for contacts. I manually added everything back. That was like 3 weeks ago. But yesterday i decided i'd start using icloud for back ups so i flick it on. Every setting still the same. Photo backup is still switched off. I look at the icloud stored files when backup was done and i noticed under General, usage, icloud, manage storage, right there was a giant photo backup of all the photos. I deleted them. So it was for some reason backup up photos even though under the icloud settings it that's switched off. So i honestly don't have faith in apple that they won't store stuff.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine is not supported yet either.. CU. if they don't end up supporting it in the future, this whole apple pay NFC is just a complete waist; considering that you can't do anything else BUT use it for Apple pay.

*waste (unless of course you meant that Apple Pay NFC is a complete body part of a human being, I really can't be sure from you).

I love this thread..."I'm disappointed with a piece of technology because it didn't work in my specific situation 100% of the time right out of the gate." Comedy!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to like this a lot more when a waiter at a restaurant can bring me a NFC terminal to pay with. Since I've started using credit cards, I have never ever liked the idea of my card being in the hands of a waiter taking it away from me to go charge it.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Navy Federal is the last card I need to add. I hope "coming soon" means in the next month or so.

Edit: The email they sent me says it'll be available in November😊

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I will say this. I had to restore my phone from the firmware. I deleted all backups, local and icloud. Later i reinstalled everything from firmware off of apple's server. Obviously since i deleted backups I didnt' do any restore from backups. With my new install I turned off icloud photo backups. I turned off photostream. i only use icloud for contacts. I manually added everything back. That was like 3 weeks ago. But yesterday i decided i'd start using icloud for back ups so i flick it on. Every setting still the same. Photo backup is still switched off. I look at the icloud stored files when backup was done and i noticed under General, usage, icloud, manage storage, right there was a giant photo backup of all the photos. I deleted them. So it was for some reason backup up photos even though under the icloud settings it that's switched off. So i honestly don't have faith in apple that they won't store stuff.

If you didn't delete the photos in iCloud, they'll still be there when you log back in. Turning iCloud off & deleting backups from your device is not the same as deleting pics from iCloud.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Apples and Oranges (no pun intended). Despite the ignorant statement by the CSR at my credit union, adding a credit card to ApplePay in NO WAY requires or involved anyone taking a photo of your credit card. It uses the camera to scan the card and capture the information to be populated in ApplePay setup ON YOUR PHONE.

It’s time to step away from the ledge.

wildmangk

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I only own 3 Credit Cards, Citibank (Personal Card), Wells Fargo (Company Card) and US Bank (Debit Card) linked to my checking account.

All 3 are listed as approved banks, the only one I could setup was the Citibank Card. Got error message on the other 2 that they were not approved cards.

Fortunately I charge 95% of my transactions on my Citibank card (for the Reward Points) but I was looking forward to using all three cards in Apple Pay.

Anyone else have the same issue?

US BANK told me their still working at rolling it out, could be another month or so

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone 6+

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro