dv8silencer

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
What is lame is I would have waited for at least a week more probably to get my 6+. Today incidentally I was going to the apple store to pick up a digital product when I inquired about 6+ availability. She let me get a day pass reservation for 128 GB and 64 GB (just so I could decide later) while I visited the nearby AT&T store to cancel my order. I went back and picked up my 6+.... That's pathetic.

On the brighter side, I love this phone. I'm non-fanatical for platforms though I have preferences (like for Android for lots of things) but everything has the pros/cons. I'm glad I'm a 6+ owner right now.

dv8silencer

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Lame because I was waiting on AT&T and the apple store literally next door had at least several of each size I'm certain. I'm thinking I would have waited a week more for at&t if not more. I guess they just want people to buy via the apple store experience vs the at&t experience. All in all it was a long day (was up 38 hours straight before sleeping but only because I got the phone instead of sleeping after I got home from work hahaha). I am quite pleased as of day 2.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Lame because I was waiting on AT&T and the apple store literally next door had at least several of each size I'm certain. I'm thinking I would have waited a week more for at&t if not more. I guess they just want people to buy via the apple store experience vs the at&t experience. All in all it was a long day (was up 38 hours straight before sleeping but only because I got the phone instead of sleeping after I got home from work hahaha). I am quite pleased as of day 2.

Since Apple is the manufacturer, it makes total logical sense that they would have a larger supply of the devices that they make and sell.

dv8silencer

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Sure... Making and selling (either to reseller or directly) make sense. But they are selling out and know AT&T customers have been waiting for weeks. So their decision to keep the supply in store shows they value directly selling and the apple store experience greater than timely delivery to iPhone customers who have prepaid at AT&T. Either way they still sell out of course. Also the end customer is someone who likely enjoys the iPhone in both cases as well. There is also no geographical advantage to keeping them in store that I can see.

I mean it's a big Corp and I'm sure there is some logical cause of those actions. My lack of insider info limits my assessment.

Anyways still loving it. Woooot

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sure... Making and selling (either to reseller or directly) make sense. But they are selling out and know AT&T customers have been waiting for weeks. So their decision to keep the supply in store shows they value directly selling and the apple store experience greater than timely delivery to iPhone customers who have prepaid at AT&T. Either way they still sell out of course. Also the end customer is someone who likely enjoys the iPhone in both cases as well. There is also no geographical advantage to keeping them in store that I can see.

I mean it's a big Corp and I'm sure there is some logical cause of those actions. My lack of insider info limits my assessment.

Anyways still loving it. Woooot

Apple prides itself on the customer experience through the entire life of a product...from purchase to upgrade. The "logical cause" is getting customers into the Apple store so they can, from the beginning, serve them in the way people expect when buying Apple products...does them no good when someone buys one in the AT&T store (or any other store) in that regard, thus they maintain more stock in the Apple stores. Not really rocket science here.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy your phone. My experience with Sprint was quite the opposite. We received our phones several weeks ahead of the projected delivery date.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234