Phil12299

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
It just floats some of our boats. Allows a level of customization otherwise unattainable. Anyone who hasn't should at least check it out. It's the cats meow

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry....let this br a lesson to anyone that replies to comments and forgets to quote the comments they are responding too....LOL

My original comment was in response to:

I was jailbroken but Swype is just too amazing for me to not have. I've always missed that keyboard since coming from Android.

My world is now pretty complete.

I still don't really understand it, because Septembersrain makes it sound she was down with jailbreaking until she wanted to use a 3rd Party keyboard and had to go back to lockdown mode to have the freedom to use Swype.

I always thought jailbreaking had been a requirement, prior to IOS 8, in order to use a 3rd party keyboard.

Then I saw this comment:

Oh crap! Seriously?

and thought for a brief moment that she was making fun of me, in a fun way, for thinking that in the first place....LOL :)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry....let this br a lesson to anyone that replies to comments and forgets to quote the comments they are responding too....LOL

My original comment was in response to:

I still don't really understand it, because Septembersrain makes it sound she was down with jailbreaking until she wanted to use a 3rd Party keyboard and had to go back to lockdown mode to have the freedom to use Swype.

I always thought jailbreaking had been a requirement, prior to IOS 8, in order to use a 3rd party keyboard.

Then I saw this comment:

and thought for a brief moment that she was making fun of me, in a fun way, for thinking that in the first place....LOL :)

Oh my gosh! I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant I left iOS 7.1.2 to iOS 8. The jailbreak for iOS 8 hadn't been released just yet.

So does jailbreak kill third party keyboards? If it doesn't, I'll be in heaven and jailbreaking this weekend!

P.S I'm naturally more serious than not, my sense of humor is horrible. I was genuinely worried. I really like Swype.

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
If anything, jailbreaking would further 3rd party keyboards' features.

That's what I figured and it makes sense, since jailbreaking allows users to have freedoms and controls that Apple doesn't actively support.

Glad 3rd Party Keyboards are gaining popularity on IOS. I like Swiftkey, but I'm sure that's because I tend to text slower than some and like the predictive features.

Imagine if Apple did release a bunch of awesome features, but told customers they could no longer be jailbroken if they wanted to enjoy the awesomeness.....

That wouldn't be cool.... :)

iamdjpaul

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I definitely need a jailbreak. Why you ask? When I need to set an alarm, the default from the control center is the timer. I need my tweak that takes me directly to the alarm first. Yes, I know that's somewhat insane, but it drives me bananas. Who on earth uses the timer more than the alarm.

I wish this was an standard option. I would assume most people use the alarm. It should at least remember which one you went to last.

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I gave up my jailbreak for iOS 8. Swype was the reason. Thankfully there is another jailbreak. It just doesn't have a working Cydia yet.

I spent the last couple of days upgrading my two MBPs to Yosemite and two 5s' and one iPad 4 to 8.1 (all previously jailbroken). While my iPad and my wife's 5s were pretty stable under the jailbreak, my 5s crashed more than once a day. I don't really miss the JB on the iPad, but I really don't like the new look on the 5s'. I'm a big fan of Springtomize, Winterboard and SBHTML, so as soon as they're all ready for 8.1 I'm likely to JB again. 8.1 def has some good features, though. (Oh, and PasswordPilot for my non-TouchID iPad--that may be the best tweak EVER!)

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Having the option to download files over 100MB is very convenient. Jailbreak allows this.

Wifi tethering, also. Killer stuff.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods