iPhone 6 + Vs Nexus 6

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I guess both are great smartphones. Nexus 6 has 6" screen and better camera. Android lollipop is another selling point. iPhone 6+ on the other hand pairs with MBP now, and I am really used to the ios system.
Any suggestion?
By the way, it is really a big coincident that the new iPad mini picture leaks at the same day that Google launches Nexus 6!

Like others have said, go play with both. Both will be great devices and get great support from google/apple. I was thinking about grabbing a nexus 6 as a side phone and get rid of my tablet, while also keeping my iPhone. I like having the best of both worlds.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I would totally go iPhone 6+, not just because it's an iPhone, but because it is more manageable than the Nexus 6 IMO. The Nexus 6 and the 6" display is just too darn big for me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not gross, just the nature of the platform.

Could be gross to him...

As far as the OP's question, just comes down to OS preference really...the "better camera" comment hasn't been proven on either side of the fence just yet, just don't let megapixels determine your choice in which is "better" as there are far better judgement criteria than simply having higher MP. Some of the Nokia Lumia phones have more MP than my Canon 5D...but comparing the two is laughable.

zevimenache

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I would totally go iPhone 6+, not just because it's an iPhone, but because it is more manageable than the Nexus 6 IMO. The Nexus 6 and the 6" display is just too darn big for me.

Its almost the same...

Nexus 6

Dimensions: 159.3 x 83 x 10.1 mm (6.27 x 3.27 x 0.40 in)
Weight 184 g (6.49 oz)

Iphone 6 +

Dimensions 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm (6.22 x 3.06 x 0.28 in)
Weight 172 g (6.07 oz)

zwuncki

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
To me one very important thing is what computer OS you are using.

I loved some android devices like HTC M8 oder Sonys Xperia Compact, hate everyting from google and worst of all from Samafiasung.
But there's not one android device that fully integrates in Mac OS. Not HTC Sync, not Sony Bridge. Googles Android Integration is as horrible as it can get.
To me, a Mac User, it's only iPhone when it comes to full media integration/sync. Windows has a faulty but still very good App for their WP devices. You can sync almost everything from/to iPhoto, and iTunes works ok too. But with each Android device App something was wrong, the worst of it all is the iPhoto Integration. You couldn't sync at all, or only all photos from the library to one folder or, even worth, only the original sized photos, which might be up to 20MB for just one photo.

zwuncki

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
One advice: it's a ll about the computer OS you work with.

Mac OS with android is as horrible as it can get. Faulty sync, almost no settings, iPhoto integration is horrible with every android device I owned. None of the android device producers have a fully working app. OK, Sammafiasung devices I haven't owned for years, but HTC, Sony and Google only have half working apps. iPhoto Sync is horrible with almost all of them. They don't sync at all, the sync all photos into one folder, they sync only fullsized photos taking up to 20MB of storage for one photo and so on. It's not fun at all to sync an android device with a Mac. Esp media.
Windows f.e. has quite a good, but instable app which at least syncs iPhoto libraries and downsize photos.

Sizewise do you guys know what 3mm in thickness means? It's a difference like day and night when it comes to handling a big device.
The monster Xperia Z Ultra with it's 6,4 display was very good to use because of the only 6,5mm thin device. It was a pleasure to hold for such a big device. 10mm is totally outdated. :(

EDIT: sorry for almost double post. Post was approved, thought it was deleted...

Last edited:

RGT70

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all for your advices! I guess I was wrong about better camera. I'll wait for a few weeks to try the Nexus 6 and decide then. I do love the ios system and love itunes to sync everything. I just expect Google could make a different Android this time.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Give it a few weeks and something new will be out. Android... Gross.

So choice is gross? Ha it's not like your phone does not work how it worked when you got it when another device comes out. What is "gross" is the amount of whining. Not to mention if you don't like choice, you have a few options with apple, that will be the flagship for the year.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR