Why won't the battery usage stats reset when charging my 6 Plus via an AC outlet?

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
When I charge my 6+ plugged into an AC outlet, the battery usage meter does not reset. If I then sync it with Outlook via iTunes, the usage meter then resets. Is anyone else having this problem?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The charge shows 100% after being plugged into an outlet.

What "usage meter" are you expecting to see reset? To see the battery usage, go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > USAGE > BATTERY USAGE. Once the charge hits 92-93%, the Standby and the Usage stats in the TIME SINCE LAST FULL CHARGE are reset. The Battery Usage (for specific apps) at the bottom part of that screen are not reset. I am not aware of any way to reset them.

BTW, the Standby and Usage stats also get reset following an iOS crash or when you do a hard reset of the device.

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I am referring to the minutes used and standby time that you refer to in your post.
Both are supposed to reset to zero, when the device is fully charged. When I charge the phone by electrical outlet, instead of showing zero readings, I get a dash (-) for each. Once I sync the phone via iTunes, both get reset to zero, and then start measuring both metrics.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am referring to the minutes used and standby time that you refer to in your post.
Both are supposed to reset to zero, when the device is fully charged. When I charge the phone by electrical outlet, instead of showing zero readings, I get a dash (-) for each. Once I sync the phone via iTunes, both get reset to zero, and then start measuring both metrics.

I would report it to Apple. That is a bug, but I am not seeing it. I charge my phone via wall charger every night. Each morning, when I take it off the charger, the stats are reset and start counting up. Now, with that said, I have not actually looked at the Usage stats to see if they are "zero" or "dashes", but when I check throughout the day, I do see the standby stat reflect a time that jive with the elapsed time since I took it off the charger. I will check to see what the display actually shows in the morning.

[URL="https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p]Apple - iPhone - Feedback[/URL]

I’m curious. If you don’t do anything to force the display to show "zero" instead of "dashes", do the counters increment as time passes? Or to they continue to show "dashes"?

Since a crash or hard reset will force both numbers to display as "dashes", it almost sounds like you're having some sort of system crash. Have you tried just plugging and unplugging your phone into the wall charger long enough to register and see what the display shows? This is really an intriguing issue.

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
OK I went to Apple - iPhone - Feedback and filled out the form with the required information. At the bottom of the page, I see the following message: Please read Apple’s Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy before you send us your feedback. I read the policy, but do not not see a submit button anywhere on the page. What am I missing (It's not even Monday).

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
OK I went to Apple - iPhone - Feedback and filled out the form with the required information. At the bottom of the page, I see the following message: Please read Apple’s Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy before you send us your feedback. I read the policy, but do not not see a submit button anywhere on the page. What am I missing (It's not even Monday).

You don’t have that big blue Submit Feedback button?

View attachment 68344

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh