The iPhone 6 Plus is a JOKE. And here I tell you why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I guess, what I don't understand is that people are saying that the 6+ is underpowered. If that's so then wouldn't the iPad air also be underpowered? It has a higher screen resolution.

Sent from my iPad Air using Swype and Tapatalk

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I've owned my 6+ for a couple weeks now, and I can say that "sometimes" it can seem a little laggy, not too much when opening apps, but for example if you close the control center it shudders on the way down a little. On my 5s (same iOS 8.0.2) it's super smooth. Haven't tested on games etc. But from personal experience, that's all I've noticed at the moment, and hopefully things will further be ironed out with 8.1.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
The "it's just a phone" statement holds no water. If that was the case, then the original post makes even less sense because, ya know, "it's just a phone."

Dude calm down LOL. I get it your happy with your plus. That's cool, don't get mad of other's opinion.

For the extra price of the plus, Apple should have given the plus better hardware. After all it is a bigger screen and resolution and therefore needs more resources! You are essentially paying $100 more for the larger screen that actually hurts the performance. If you count out the image stabilization which imo the 6 should have came with in the first place.

All of this will be corrected in the 6s/6s+ I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I love when people tell you to "calm down" when you're actually not upset...I really don't think anyone is upset. Just making a point.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I know my post came off as a little strong; just had a night of drinking. For that I apologize. For those saying that we are too hard on the OP: if he wanted a calm discussion then he should have kept his insults to everyone's intelligence to himself and calmly laid out his claims and evidence. This person wrote 4+ paragraphs on the flaws of the 6+ without any backup. Engineering does not happen just on claims, this person should know better. His opinion is just that, an opinion. His claims were not supported by any evidence but just because he is a "aerospace and electrical engineer." Then he comes back and accuses people of just blindly defending Apple and plays the victim? No. That isn't how things work. If he wants a debate in a tone like he started his original post off like then I and others will bring it to him.

Now, if he brought out that benchmark that was posted a few posts back and said, "Hey, I really do think that Apple should have increased the processor speed because we are seeing this dip in performance here." Others would have chimed in, "possibly but maybe it's because the 6+ is blowing everything up and it has to do those extra calculations and things will be smoothed out later." A calm and logical discussion. Instead the OP busted in here, foaming at the mouth and said "the 6+ sucks because I am an electrical and aerospace engineer!!!111" Anyway, good luck finding a phone for you, OP. All of us support your decision to do whatever it is you want. Windows Phone hitches a bit but for the most part it is smooth but there is a lack of apps and Microsoft support. BlackBerry is very smooth but you might have hardware issues. Android is a tossup and even my native Nexus 7 lags now.

EDIT: I've tried making my phone lag. Do any of you have any other examples that I can try. I want to see this. Thanks!

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Dude calm down LOL. I get it your happy with your plus. That's cool, don't get mad of other's opinion.

For the extra price of the plus, Apple should have given the plus better hardware. After all it is a bigger screen and resolution and therefore needs more resources! You are essentially paying $100 more for the larger screen that actually hurts the performance. If you count out the image stabilization which imo the 6 should have came with in the first place.

All of this will be corrected in the 6s/6s+ I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calm down?? Hahaha!!! I'm not mad and I don't even have a 6+. You make even less sense than the OP. Are you brothers?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I am late to the game on this thread and honestly think everything has been covered quite well at this point. But to piggyback off of what a few others mentioned, JustMe'D made a great point that using 'The iphone' as opposed to 'My iPhone' made a large impact. You make it personal to everyone here when you make a blanket statement that suggests that the phone they use and appreciate is, a joke. That is the second point. When you label the phone of choice among the users in the forum you post, a joke...rather...a JOKE, you now have established a negative connotation before you even type a single word of your actual post. You may follow up your title with paragraphs of exemplary thought and valid points, however, much of that is now lost on the audience because you offended them before they even began to read.

So to those who feel our forums are typical in that we attack anyone who mentions a negative thought towards Apple and its products, I ask you to look around beyond this thread. We have countless examples where mature discussion does take place and folks with differing opinions peacefully coexist and complaints against the products are spoken on. Yes, this forum does have some who police against negative views, but it is the nature of social media in all forms. In this particular case, I think the thread was set up for disaster the moment that title was typed out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am late to the game on this thread and honestly think everything has been covered quite well at this point. But to piggyback off of what a few others mentioned, JustMe'D made a great point that using 'The iphone' as opposed to 'My iPhone' made a large impact. You make it personal to everyone here when you make a blanket statement that suggests that the phone they use and appreciate is, a joke. That is the second point. When you label the phone of choice among the users in the forum you post, a joke...rather...a JOKE, you now have established a negative connotation before you even type a single word of your actual post. You may follow up your title with paragraphs of exemplary thought and valid points, however, much of that is now lost on the audience because you offended them before they even began to read.

So to those who feel our forums are typical in that we attack anyone who mentions a negative thought towards Apple and its products, I ask you to look around beyond this thread. We have countless examples where mature discussion does take place and folks with differing opinions peacefully coexist and complaints against the products are spoken on. Yes, this forum does have some who police against negative views, but it is the nature of social media in all forms. In this particular case, I think the thread was set up for disaster the moment that title was typed out.

'nuf said...:)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Thank you OP. Enjoy whatever device you get.

I will file this thread alongside the op ed on the Circadian Rhythms Of the Slow Loris.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the cooler heads here, which is just about everyone except the OP. I don't yet have a new iPhone 6/6+. But I also agree that more RAM should have been used on these new iPhones. 1 gb is barely sufficient. 1.5 gb would have been enough. Fortunately, most users are not having issues related to only 1 gb of RAM. iOS does manage RAM quite well. Better than any other platform. But I still would have gone with 1.5 gb.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I think he can post about his experience with his phone and not be subjected to ridicule. He didn't know his issues would be what it was if he didn't buy the device first.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes it's a big joke.
No question about it.
The joke is getting one in a timely manner.
AT&T ordering is a JOKE!
That's all I have to say about that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think he can post about his experience with his phone and not be subjected to ridicule. He didn't know his issues would be what it was if he didn't buy the device first.

I agree in regard to not knowing if he would experience lag issues, but I disagree in regard to the specs. The specs of the iPhone 6/6 Plus were not only rumored well in advance, but were made known during and after Apple's Keynote. Still, let's say the OP didn't watch the keynote or read about the specs. Who's fault is that? Keep in mind that the OP stated,

"...I decided to do my own research and find out what the hell was wrong with my device, if it was really a RAM/hardware issue or straight up software."

Well, after doing research and discovering the specs associated with the device, the OP had a choice: Keep the device or return the device. By his own admission, he opted to keep it. Having said that, it's pointless, at least in my opinion, to gripe about a device (no matter what the brand) that the OP opted to keep despite having discovered that it is does not meet his expectations. Why not return it and buy a device that clearly meets his expectations?

Last edited:

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
This is the first time I've heard of this issue with the Plus. Is it really that bad? I've had the 5 for near two years and only noticed lag when I saw what my wife's 6 could do.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Absolutely he can post of his experience without being subject to ridicule. But to be such a vaunted engineer, one would have thought that he would/should have done the necessary research prior to purchase. And if he actually found the iPhone 6 Plus to be as inferior as he claims, why did he keep it? Of course, as a vaunted aerospace and electrical engineer, maybe wasting over $1000 on an inferior device may not be the same magnitude of an issue as it would be for me.

But rather than tell his story, he came in here with guns blazing calling the phone a joke. His delivery was hostile. And he was met with resistance, largely IMHO because of his method far more than his message.

I have not experienced any noticeable lag in my iPhone 6 Plus. The OP did? Fine. I am not discounting his experience, except to say that many times it’s not what you say, as much as how you say it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
This is the first time I've heard of this issue with the Plus. Is it really that bad? I've had the 5 for near two years and only noticed lag when I saw what my wife's 6 could do.

Don't know about the Plus but the 6 is awesome. No issues at all.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen