The iPhone 6 Plus is a JOKE. And here I tell you why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnshawn

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
First off, I will start off with my experience:​

I have been using the iPhone 6 Plus since September the 19th. Yes I am one of the people that camped out of the Apple Store the day before its launch (Fan boy), there is no need to share my experience as we all know most people always have a good time while on line as you all may know. We all love Apple and it?s all about Apple talks all night and everything makes perfect sense. We are all on the same track. Anyway, I got my hands on the iPhone 6 plus on the 19th. Went back home and fired it up. First impression, ?Man this things is beautiful? I loved it, I didn?t have a single doubt that the $1,030 I just spent on a rather expensive phone was worthless. It was far more than worth it. Man, the screen is just beautiful. But as the days passed I realized about a couple of things: Lagginess: The phone was lagging, just straight up lagging. I was okay with that as I knew iOS 8 was a total disaster, but I can?t deal with a brand new phone lagging that was just announced a week ago, let?s not even cover 8.0.1 (First down vote for Apple), Also, Speaker: I can?t watch a video on the iPhone 6 or any iPhone without covering the speaker, bad design, but let?s not focus on that, that?s not a deal breaker. Let?s focus on the real deal: The device and its specs, oh yeah, before I forget? the so well-known Bend-gate issue? Doesn?t bother me. I am not a dumbass and I won?t sit on my phone, if I manage to bend it I will just go to the Apple Store and pay $80 for a replacement or get it replaced.

Besides the device itself and as an Aerospace and Electrical engineer I decided to do my own research and find out what the hell was wrong with my device, if it was really a RAM/hardware issue or straight up software.

RAM: I started with RAM since it is only 1GB of RAM. Apple is playing with us. Man, we are in 2014 a phone with 1GB of RAM at this point is a joke, I am not going to talk about Android here, we all know Android has by far the BEST specs in the market. But here we get the real hardcore Apple fan boys: ?This is an Apple device man, we don?t need specs and in Apple devices, we don?t need specs? So what the hell do you need? Spend thousands every year for the same crap? Get a thinner device every year? Apple is really pushing it, this is a joke. I had a discussion with some other really hardcore Apple fan boys the other day on some other forum, and they said that RAM wasn?t necessary at all, that 1GB is perfect (We all know is not, right?) but yet. Whenever the iPhone 6S is announced with 2GB of RAM the same fan boys will go and stand and explain why it is the best decision ever made by Apple and why it makes perfect sense, that they have needed it since ?years ago?. Sometimes I don?t understand that people.

Screen: The display pixels does NOT match the rendered pixels by the GPU. The reason for that is the 1080p displays have been available for a long time... cough.. Android cough.. And they are also cheaper and WAY faster to implement than the weird 2240x1200 resolution that the GPU renders at. Probably next year we will see a better resolution at about 2240x1200 to match the internal resolution.
Processor/GPU: Okay Apple.., yeah, you are giving me a ?brand new? processor (clocked at the same speed as the A7) but okay it is a new year and it has an ?8? at the end (I am so hyped!, Actually I was.. for nothing.) It?s the same iPhone 5S processor with a new number, wonder why Apple didn?t compare the A7 against the A8 now? ?It is 55% faster than the original iPhone people!? Now tell me one thing Apple, Who is comparing the original iPhone against the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 or 6 Plus? No one. But let?s get into the iPhone 6 Plus. This is the biggest error and the worst thing about the iPhone 6 Plus. How dare you use the same A8 processor from a 4.7 inch screen on a 5.5 inch display? That?s a BIG joke. Here is why: The iPhone 6 renders about one million pixels (Oh yes, ?whoa!?) but the iPhone 6 Plus renders about THREE million pixels. THREE times more pixels than the iPhone 6 and they used the same processor with the same CPU and Clock speeds? We don?t need it to be faster but the extra TWO million pixels have to come from somewhere. Remember: the A8 is the A7 processor is the same with a new damn name. Nothing new. Don?t tell me the A8x is still in development and that could not be implemented on the iPhone 6 plus at all. I am sure it is going to debut with the iPad Air 2, it could have debuted with the 6 Plus at least.
But don?t forget the A8 is a 64 BIT PROCESSOR! Tell me something, is there any app optimized for the 64 bit chip? None at the moment. And if we ever get those they are going to need a good amount of RAM, 1 GB of RAM is not going to cut it.
If you have an iPhone 6 Plus and want to experience it by yourself:
Take a look at the recently update Modern Combat 5, Frames Per Second are the worse ever and the game lags at times and sometimes you even get crazy and weird animations.
For the science: I was writing a comment on some website the other day on my iPhone 6 Plus, I copied the text I was typing and went to the home screen, opened music started playing some music, went into LinkedIn and looked at about two profiles and took a screenshot, opened messages and sent the text I copied to myself into my iPhone 5, opened two other apps (Apple Store and Clock to activate my alarm) closed them both and went back to Safari to continue my comment. But? OH SURPRISE. The page reloaded. (I was glad I copied the comment)

At this moment I decided to make the same experiment on my iPhone 5, so I did the same of what I did on my 6 Plus on my iPhone 5, opened the same apps on the same order, same time lapse, and I was surprised. The iPhone 5 did NOT reload the website. (Both are on iOS 8.0.2), that only tells me that the iPhone 6 Plus is totally incompetent against the iPhone 5.
Apple just made an iPad 3 all over again, ladies and gentlemen. With bad RAM and a bad Chip (A8) that can?t even handle the damn screen resolution.

Apple won?t understand, Apple won?t give better specs unless we stop buying worthless phones with outdated specs, I can?t wait for Apple to give us iOS 9 and see how the iPhone 6 Plus lags.

Yes, back in the day on the glory days of Apple (iPhone 4 and 4s), Android was crap. Not anymore, Apple is turning out to be the worse and Android is being smarter.

Just my .2 cents. Have a good day.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I enjoy using my device and couldn't give two monkey dingleberries about the spec war.

Selling 10 million iPhones over a 3 day stretch isn't a joke.

kjung7

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Seems like there's a simple solution for you, buy an Android phone.

I'm not having any problems with my 6 plus. If your claims are legitimate then I would say try to restore your phone.

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why someone would join an Apple forum, talk about how much they dislike the 6+ and what a joke it is . I really don't understand.. I have NO lagging issues what so ever..games are not lagging. You can't watch a video etc, with out covering the speaker?? Why not?? I've had IPhones for years and this hasn't been a issue for me. Did you read the specs before buying your 6+?? Im sure you did, who wouldn't? You knew the Specs and bought it any way?? Why? If this isn't your first Iphone ever, (which you have a 5 so I guess it's not) why would you buy another Iphone ? The speaker has always been on the bottom as far as I know, if you can't manage watching videos without covering speaker, again why buy the 6+?? You are entitled to your opinion, and you don't like the 6+. Why didn't you return it after a week of use?? Why hold onto the 6+, since it seems you really hate it? I guess what bothers me the most is... WHY did you buy it in the first place??? You knew where the speaker was and has always been. I'm sure you read the specs, and knew it had 1 gig have Ram. Why would anyone buy a mobile phone, with all your perceived faults??You had a return period, but I guess for some unknown reason, you decided to keep a Phone that is a joke. Lol... I do think if I were you, I wouldn't have bought a phone that came out of a box, with so many things I didn't like. What did you expect?? I'm glad their are so many mobile phone choices, we can all find something we like. I think maybe sell your 6+ on eBay or Craigslist. When it sells, and it will, fast, buy a Note 3 or some Android that fits your needs. I have NO idea why someone would buy a IPhone knowing the specs, and then gripe about said specs, speaker etc. I certainly wouldn't have bought a phone where I hated the specs, and speaker placement. Who does that?? It's like me buying a car that only goes 30mph, with no DVD player and then complaining that the car is so slow and I cant listen to my DVDs...IPhones are not for you... Sell it.

hurts

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
OP, you do know that iPhones with the "S" on them have the most significant upgrade in terms of CPU & GPU right?

iPhone 3G vs 3Gs

- 412 Mhz Single-core CPU vs 600Mhz Single-core CPU
- Power VR MBX vs PowerVR SGX535

iPhone 4 vs 4s

- 800Mhz (underclocked) Single core Cortex A8 vs Dual Core 800Mhz Cortex A9
- Power VR SGX535 (Same as 3Gs) vs Power VR SGX543MP2

iPhone 5 vs 5S

- Dual Core 1.3GHz (Arm v7 32 bit) vs Dual Core 1.3GHz (Arm v8 64 bit)
- Power VR SGX543MP3 (same as iPhone 4s just one more core) vs PowerVR G6430

I wouldn't be surprised if the 6+ starts lagging by iOS 10. Imo, if you want an iOS device that probably won't lag for awhile get the iPhones with the 'S' on them.

Last edited:

Peter Ramirez1

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm still waiting for my 6+ to ship to but, but that ram issue is something I experienced on my iPad AIR.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem too?

Sometimes going from safari to photos app to a photo editing app, then back to safari causes safari to refresh the page.

Nexus ONE

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Android has nothing to do with display pixels jackass. Android is an operating system. *cough*******cough*

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Cough...troll post...cough.
Too many dumb threads like this to scroll through to find relevant threads.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
1) Your phone does NOT emphatically tell you everything there is to know about ALL iPhones in existence. You say you're an aerospace/electrical engineer; you should know this. You KNOW that something as complicated as a mini computer that you bought, fully aware of ALL the specs, can never be the same over the ensemble. So please, don't insult your education by claiming as such.

2) You had the five which also has speakers on the bottom. You didn't figure this out before hand? Seriously?

3) DO NOT EVER, and I mean EVER, tell me that us "fanboys" are dumb by thinking we do not know phones with bigger screens or more ram exist. I ******* go through this with every android fanboy and if you couldn't tell it drives me insane. I'm a physicist and I'm not ******* dumb. Apple users are not generally dumb. The same intelligence bell curve is shared with fans of both devices. Do not go there that we are going to say that 2GB is awesome and revolutionary when it is released. You show your general ignorance when you say that.

4) Once again ******* yes, Android screens are already bigger. We aren't ******* dumb. Question: how do you know the display pixels do not match the rendered pixels? Could it be that the apps aren't optimized to the resolution and everything is blown up for now? If there are cheaper and more efficient ways to do it then apple would have jumped on it to make even more money. Question: why did they go with your assertion then? Not only that but what evidence do you have?

5) What evidence do you have to say that the 5S processor is the same? And yes, there are speed differences between the two from reports. They are not hard to find on Google. You're claiming to be an engineer yet are making claims NOT backed by any evidence WHATSOEVER. Further on this supposedly lack of more processor speed needed for the 6 plus, how do you explain power saving mode for Android? It clocks everything down and yet it runs the OS STILL fine(for an android). You're making a lot of claims yet you're not an expert; you're not a computer engineer.

6) Again you are making claims with ANY amount of evidence. Why must 64bit apps run with a certain amount of memory? Yes, there are apps optimized and rewritten in 64-bit code: infinity blade 3, call of duty: strike team, garage band...just Google them. You're honestly losing a lot of credibility here if you even had any to begin with. As for your memory issue, I opened tapatalk, instagram, Facebook, kindle, Pineterest, YouTube, settings and safari and look and behold this post didn't reload nor the comment I started on Facebook on safari didn't reload or the comment I started on the Facebook app I started didn't reload, or the YouTube search I started didn't reload.

You're basing your device on every single iphone 6 Plus which is flawed from the start. That is not science, that is arrogance. You did not have any evidence for any of the stuff you spouted.

This is a troll post wrapped in a costume of fake science with no evidence to back up your claims.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Cough...troll post...cough.
Too many dumb threads like this to scroll through to find relevant threads.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

One of the longest....and most boring troll posts I've seen. The part I find the funniest is where he claims to be an "aerospace and electrical engineer "...as if that even remotely matters or anyone cares. This guy is an Android troll to the hundredth degree.

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I agree with this guy because he looks just like Jude Law. :p

1) Your phone does NOT emphatically tell you everything there is to know about ALL iPhones in existence. You say you're an aerospace/electrical engineer; you should know this. You KNOW that something as complicated as a mini computer that you bought, fully aware of ALL the specs, can never be the same over the ensemble. So please, don't insult your education by claiming as such.

2) You had the five which also has speakers on the bottom. You didn't figure this out before hand? Seriously?

3) DO NOT EVER, and I mean EVER, tell me that us "fanboys" are dumb by thinking we do not know phones with bigger screens or more ram exist. I ******* go through this with every android fanboy and if you couldn't tell it drives me insane. I'm a physicist and I'm not ******* dumb. Apple users are not generally dumb. The same intelligence bell curve is shared with fans of both devices. Do not go there that we are going to say that 2GB is awesome and revolutionary when it is released. You show your general ignorance when you say that.

4) Once again ******* yes, Android screens are already bigger. We aren't ******* dumb. Question: how do you know the display pixels do not match the rendered pixels? Could it be that the apps aren't optimized to the resolution and everything is blown up for now? If there are cheaper and more efficient ways to do it then apple would have jumped on it to make even more money. Question: why did they go with your assertion then? Not only that but what evidence do you have?

5) What evidence do you have to say that the 5S processor is the same? And yes, there are speed differences between the two from reports. They are not hard to find on Google. You're claiming to be an engineer yet are making claims NOT backed by any evidence WHATSOEVER. Further on this supposedly lack of more processor speed needed for the 6 plus, how do you explain power saving mode for Android? It clocks everything down and yet it runs the OS STILL fine(for an android). You're making a lot of claims yet you're not an expert; you're not a computer engineer.

6) Again you are making claims with ANY amount of evidence. Why must 64bit apps run with a certain amount of memory? Yes, there are apps optimized and rewritten in 64-bit code: infinity blade 3, call of duty: strike team, garage band...just Google them. You're honestly losing a lot of credibility here if you even had any to begin with. As for your memory issue, I opened tapatalk, instagram, Facebook, kindle, Pineterest, YouTube, settings and safari and look and behold this post didn't reload nor the comment I started on Facebook on safari didn't reload or the comment I started on the Facebook app I started didn't reload, or the YouTube search I started didn't reload.

You're basing your device on every single iphone 6 Plus which is flawed from the start. That is not science, that is arrogance. You did not have any evidence for any of the stuff you spouted.

This is a troll post wrapped in a costume of fake science with no evidence to back up your claims.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site

Now do people see why I generally hate and despise most Android users, I mean fanboys? There are very very very few Android USERS. It's cool to be a geek and stuff, but when you spout off like this guy did...

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
That was a long winded post, but not without some good points. At this point Apple should be using more RAM and larger screens with more pixels take more processing power.

I just came from the top of the line LG G3. 3GB of RAM and a 4k display. Quad core processor clocked at 2.5 if I remember right. The reality is, the phone lagged badly. Even some basic tasks sometimes lagged.

It comes down to the combination of software and hardware and no one does that better than Apple. I don't have any lag on my 6 Plus and I am very happy. I do think that Apple screwed up with 8.01 and should have released all the features advertised at the same time.

The good news for the OP is that the resale market is strong for the 6 plus.

The end.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I actually agree to some extent. It should really be equipped with 2 GB of ram. And yes my device lags sometimes where my 5S didn't . Hate the constant refreshing in Chrome and Safari whenever you opened some other apps between. Besides that I love my Plus after using Galaxy S5, HTC M8 and 5S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative