Can you use the iPhone 6 + upside down?

djr12

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a Plus but I'm planning on getting one asap. My understanding is that unlike other iPhones it will actually shift its orientation, iPad-like, to be upside down if you hold it upside down. My question is this: has anyone tried using the device purposely upside down all the time? Obviously this wouldn't work well for phone calls or FaceTime, but other than that -- why not keep the home button permanently at the top and make the phone way easier to use?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a Plus but I'm planning on getting one asap. My understanding is that unlike other iPhones it will actually shift its orientation, iPad-like, to be upside down if you hold it upside down. My question is this: has anyone tried using the device purposely upside down all the time? Obviously this wouldn't work well for phone calls or FaceTime, but other than that -- why not keep the home button permanently at the top and make the phone way easier to use?

The home screen does, in fact, rotate to always display top at the top of the screen, regardless of the physical orientation (as long as the rotation lock is not enabled). However, most of the apps do not. So while you can turn the phone upside down and see the display properly oriented, the apps, for the most part, are displayed "upside down", and therefore, completely unusable in that orientation.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
You would think that Apple would of thought of this with the placement of the plug on the bottom and the power button on the side, that people would use the stock music app in this manner. Guess I will make a suggestion to Apple.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
You would think that Apple would of thought of this with the placement of the plug on the bottom and the power button on the side, that people would use the stock music app in this manner. Guess I will make a suggestion to Apple.

What is the purpose of holding the phone upside down while listening to music?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My sheet music reading app rotates upside down so you can have a iPhone on a music stand and charge. There are a few music reading apps out there that wont rotate.
With the Plus being so big it may get a lot of use on reading gigs. Can't wait to find out.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, one would logically assume that one should use the device in the proper orientation. Unfortunately there will always be those who want to complain that they can’t do things like this.

Personally, I’d like to use my phone backwards, but Apple didn’t provide a rear screen. That makes it extremely difficult to use my iPhone 6 Plus as I want. #appleisdoomed

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, one would logically assume that one should use the device in the proper orientation. Unfortunately there will always be those who want to complain that they can?t do things like this.

Personally, I?d like to use my phone backwards, but Apple didn?t provide a rear screen. That makes it extremely difficult to use my iPhone 6 Plus as I want. #appleisdoomed

Lol, your points are hilarious yet dead on

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
While I do Ike that there is the ability to use it upside down, Apple needs to make it all or nothing at least on their apps.

Perfect example, I was reading using iBooks the other night laying in bed, and had phone upside down so I didn't have charger cable in the way.

Then a iMessage comes in and when I went to reply I had to turn the phone right side up again.

Just seems silly to me that Apple has some apps that do and some that don't.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2