Return 6 Plus for the 6?

ryan2714

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So I got my space grey 128gb 6+ on AT&T last friday and I'm second guessing my choice. It's only been a few days I know but I'm having a hard time adjusting to this massive phone. I've been using iPhones since the original and I don't know if its because I'm just not use to the size or because the phone really is just to big. I loved the move from the 3.5" to the 4" screen and had no issues but 4" to 5.5" is another animal. I find the 6+ very cumbersome and bulky but the screen is ridiculously amazing, mind you I do have large hands. I haven't used or held a regular 6 yet but I'm thinking I might be able to adapt easier. Any thoughts? Is it to soon will I get use to this thing? or should I downgrade?

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I got used to my 6+ and I now love it, however, I know others who bought the 6 and think it is too big. It's really just personal preference, but it does get more manageable over time.

dcharleyultra

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I think you should stay with the Plus.

For me the 6 wasn't that much difference in size than my 5s.

(I have average sized man hands and I use the Swype keyboard.)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I would imagine you have to adjust your flow with a 6 plus. Give it a few more days and ask yourself if the great screen resolution is worth it being cumbersome to you.
I'm waiting on one and I love the size and I'm already thinking about certain adjustments for carrying it traveling with and so on. I like the screen so much and the overall handle of it that I feel I made the right choice. Roll with it a few more days and see how you feel.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a friend on another forum who is disappointed with the size of the iPhone 6. She can't handle it with 1 hand like she could with her 5s. She was hoping for a 4" iPhone 6. And they should have one. Some folks, especially women, can't handle the larger phones. Not one handed. And pockets are small on most women's jeans. And the more expensive the jeans, the smaller the pockets. Maybe a 4" iPhone 6s next year along with the larger sizes.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
I have been thinking the same thing myself, I got my phone on Saturday. Right now, there aren't very many advantages because the apps I use aren't updated to take advantage of the HUGE screen. So I am trying to balance my feelings about the size, with my hope that all my most used apps will be updated. It's a little bit of a gamble.

But, I will say that the size is becoming less of an issue every day that I use it.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 6 on release day. I originally wanted the plus but there wasn't any in stock so I got the 6. I felt like I was missing out so I bought the 6 plus when one was available in my area. I used it for a day and realized it was way too big for me and the 6 is really a perfect size for me. I returned it, went back to my 6 and haven't regretted it once.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I think you'll get used to it, I was completely overwhelmed by it the first time I held it, but now, when I hold my mom's 5s it feels like a child's toy, even my dad's 6 feels small. I'd day, give it until at least the day before your buyers remorse period is over, then if you still can't handle it, return it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You say it's "cumbersome and bulky" but you love the screen which tells me you're not using it for convenience. You're using it because of the screen.

So you have to pit your convenience vs. the main course of the phone and decide that for yourself.