No Smart Cover for iPhone 6+?

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen this addressed yet, but why wasn't a Smart Cover included with the 6+? It's definitely large enough to warrant protection for the screen, & would compliment video watching just like on the iPad & iPad mini.

Was it overlooked? Or will it be a revolutionary new feature for the next iteration?

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Re: No Smart Cover?

I haven't seen this addressed yet, but why wasn't a Smart Cover included with the 6+? It's definitely large enough to warrant protection for the screen, & would compliment video watching just like on the iPad & iPad mini.

Was it overlooked? Or will it be a revolutionary new feature for the next iteration?

No.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Apple probably didn't want to include the magnets on the side that hold the smart cover on.

If you're talking about the full smart cover, just the look of it should answer the question as to why they haven't made one for the 6 Plus. It's ugly.

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site

I think it would be a little overboard for a phone... I had a lifeproof for my iPhone 5s, but I opted for a slim and clear Spigen case for my 6+.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Because it's not an iPad...I'm guessing you probably didn't invest much into this thread as far as thought goes, but imagine a smart cover in your pocket on an already large phone. Yeah...logic escapes the idea of a smart cover on the iPhone 6+.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Because it's not an iPad...I'm guessing you probably didn't invest much into this thread as far as thought goes, but imagine a smart cover in your pocket on an already large phone. Yeah...logic escapes the idea of a smart cover on the iPhone 6+.

Apologies.... I should have started another thread to see what your home screen looks like.

brianLTE

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

Not sure what all the aggression is about. I know I would love to have a smart cover type protection on the plus.

jdlnmia

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

There are cases out there on eBay that are portfolio type cases with a magnetized closure. They embed the magnet in the plastic case surrounding the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2