iPhone 6 Plus at the gym

frankmejia82

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a simple solution . Their called, jaybird bluebuds X. Bluetooth headphones... Life changing experience at the gym every since I've had these lol

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Been using the Motorola S11-Flex HD for a year or so now. Doesn't solve your "where do I put the phone problem?" but I have worked out pretty hardcore with these from interval training, to heavy bag training boxing, kick boxing, and Muay Thai.ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412727343.424193.jpg

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have a simple solution . Their called, jaybird bluebuds X. Bluetooth headphones... Life changing experience at the gym every since I've had these lol

I have been using these since they were released. Actuality I have two sets because I can't workout without them. :)

I have a 6 and a 6 plus and I just leave the phone on the bench next to when I am working out. Of course I go to the gym at 4am so there aren't a lot of people around.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I do crossfit so i never have my phone on me when i workout... however, i would recommend an apple watch haha! omg... that thing it's too big to go for a run with it!

idk how ppl can do it!

Timm4y77

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I use Planatronic Backbeat Go 2 Bluetooth headphones. I leave my phone in my jacket while I work out. I'm at least 75 feet from my phone when I use the squat rack and never have an issue with it dropping out. They sound fantastic as well. I have to have good bass when I listen to music. These fit the bill perfect.

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
This was my first day at the gym with the 6 Plus and it was really hard to do some exercises with it in my pocket as its too big. I like to listen to music, so I have it all the time. How do you guys manage its size? An armband/holster? Bluetooth headphones?

What kind of exercise are we talking here? Are you running on the tread mill or lifting weights? Because cardio machines I'd just put it in the cup holder and I'd be done with it. Lifting weights I have a pair of bluetooth headphones. So I leave the phone on the floor at my feet or on my lap if I'm doing leg extentions or anything like that. I used to rock a Galaxy Note 2 with a extended 9300 mah battery. And I never had a problem. The 6 Plus is a change since it's alot lighter. An armband would work really well too and it would be cheaper than a pair of bluetooth headphones.

I really wanted the plus, awesome device. But I work out a lot and that was the deal breaker for me carrying it at the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a cinderblock. It's not bad to carry around. Just grab an armband or something.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
What kind of exercise are we talking here? Are you running on the tread mill or lifting weights? Because cardio machines I'd just put it in the cup holder and I'd be done with it. Lifting weights I have a pair of bluetooth headphones. So I leave the phone on the floor at my feet or on my lap if I'm doing leg extentions or anything like that. I used to rock a Galaxy Note 2 with a extended 9300 mah battery. And I never had a problem. The 6 Plus is a change since it's alot lighter. An armband would work really well too and it would be cheaper than a pair of bluetooth headphones.

It's not a cinderblock. It's not bad to carry around. Just grab an armband or something.

You have to consider the real size of this phone. I am normal height / proportions and it is 75% of the length of my forearm. The griffin armband strap is nearly the length of the phone to hold the phone safe and stable. That's a huge 'thing' strapped to you. I would say go ahead and get the + and find a pouch, pocket or belt.

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
You have to consider the real size of this phone. I am normal height / proportions and it is 75% of the length of my forearm. The griffin armband strap is nearly the length of the phone to hold the phone safe and stable. That's a huge 'thing' strapped to you. I would say go ahead and get the + and find a pouch, pocket or belt.

I use mine at the gym all the time. Plus like I said I had a Note 2 with an extended battery for awhile too. I'm no stranger to large phones at the gym. So I understand the size consideration. And large phones are common place anymore. I see alot of Lg G3's , Galaxy Notes, Xperia Z, I can go on. Most people just pocket them and go the bluetooth route like I do. So the idea doesn't need any consideration as the iphone 6 plus is just joining the large phones at gym club. And why would you put the armband on your forearm? I'd put it on my upper arm if I used one. Seems to make more sense and it's out of the way.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Couple of reasons i personally wouldn't.

Its the entire length of my upper arm and at an odd angle to be useful vs just finding some other way to pocket it. There are lots of big phones but the 5"+ are the only ones that compare when considering arm band for exercise. I also have a 6 and i would be fine with that in an arm band.

I am giving my opinion based on actually trying this out (really wanting it to work) and I was shocked at how awkward and unpractical an armband is for this size.

I haven't even talked about weight as others have already mentioned it. I can say that it is heavy after an hour on forearm lifting it slightly to glance at it. I am also hesitant to even mention weight as its easy to dismiss in theory until you actually try it for yourself. For me the only benefit of the arm band over pocketing is that if you're like me you need to glance frequently at notifications and respond a time or two. I am a rare happy pebble user because of this but can't respond back conveniently.

It doesn't change my opinion of the phone at all. I will adapt to it. An armband for this size device is laughably big.

I feel i am safe to say that i will not be alone in this opinion with those that actually try the armband for these big phones themselves.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use Planatronic Backbeat Go 2 Bluetooth headphones. I leave my phone in my jacket while I work out. I'm at least 75 feet from my phone when I use the squat rack and never have an issue with it dropping out. They sound fantastic as well. I have to have good bass when I listen to music. These fit the bill perfect.

+1 for the backbeat go. Love them. And looked like I said, spibelt to carry the big phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods