Are you guys babying your iPhone 6 Plus?

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I find myself babying this phone a little more than I'd normally do with an iPhone. I always take good care of them but I have to admit the whole Bending thing has me a little paranoid. With every other model I felt like I could not worry about it and just do what I wanted to do without worrying about the phone. Are you guys just treating it normally? I'd like to not worry about it and am curious if anyone else is "over babying" their phone. Thanks!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I have an Apple leather case right now and Apple care. If it bends I will replace it. Carry it in my front pocket like I always have.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
In the end it's a phone. It's an inanimate object. If it breaks it can be fixed. Grant it I'm not going to purposely bend it I'm not an I d I o t. But I'm not going to put it In a bubble either.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When I don't have a case on it, I have to be more careful with how I maneuver it with one hand as opposed to my previous iPhones. I don't care about scuffs and things like that. Just don't want to have a situation where I have to use a replacement on my AC+ so early

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Once the honeymoon stage is over the babying stops. Regardless this is the first iPhone I get AppleCare+ for. Great piece of mind.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I am obsessed with my phone. even when I'm not using it i find myself just staring at it... its very creepy and it creeps me out too.... but what can i do!

it's my bae! the phone is so beautiful... it's a therapy just looking at it and feeling it without the cover <3

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have both Apple Care Plus and Verizon insurance, so I am well covered. I continue to carry my 6+ in my hip pocket like I have always been for years. And all I have on the phone is just the red Apple leather case and nothing else. :)

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I treat my phone like I did with my i5. I don't sit on it and I certainly don't treat it as indestructible. Just all around respecting it's limits. I do have to make adjustments so it doesn't dig into my skin sometimes though. I also can't bike ride in jeans; this thing hurts when it digs in. When it doesn't feel comfortable, I resituate. My i5 is pristine and I fully expect my 6+ to be pristine after I upgrade as well.

Last edited:

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I am obsessed with my phone. even when I'm not using it i find myself just staring at it... its very creepy and it creeps me out too.... but what can i do!

it's my bae! the phone is so beautiful... it's a therapy just looking at it and feeling it without the cover <3

Don't worry, you aren't the only one.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I find myself babying this phone a little more than I'd normally do with an iPhone. I always take good care of them but I have to admit the whole Bending thing has me a little paranoid. With every other model I felt like I could not worry about it and just do what I wanted to do without worrying about the phone. Are you guys just treating it normally? I'd like to not worry about it and am curious if anyone else is "over babying" their phone. Thanks!

Not anymore. I have it in a Tech21 case now. And my UAG case should be here pretty soon. When it was naked, absolutely.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

Lol

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Not anymore than usual. Still toss it occasionally into the passenger seat or the couch, when you baby it, something bad always happens.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

It is very well crafted. Very beautiful!

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I am babying my Plus but not any more than I was with my 5 when I first got it. I'm not worried about it bending, a lot of people just give in to the hype.

lostinaustin

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I make sure it's always sitting on scratch friendly surface , but other than that not really. No case , no screen protection , but I do have apple care +

It even survived a launch across a hotel room without a scratch .

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The only additional habit I've found myself doing that I never did with the other devices is not driving with it in my pocket...and not because of the infamous "bend gate", but really because it's just not comfortable in my pocket while driving because it's a big phone...no two ways about it.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've gotten over the honeymoon phase with it. Working out with it now and using it just like I used my 5S and its not been a problem at all. Solid as a rock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR