I was wondering which case feels better - leather or silicone?

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Went with the red leather case for my 6 Plus... jeans stained it blue a little bit but I was able to wipe it all off. Thankfully! :concern:

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Went with the red leather case for my 6 Plus... jeans stained it blue a little bit but I was able to wipe it all off. Thankfully! :concern:

The fact that you can clean it is a much needed improvement over the previous generation.

Sent from my iPad Air using Swype and Tapatalk

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Leather feels better in hand definitely!
Durability? Only black will stay looking new for long. Lighter colors will show soiling. Some of this can be cleaned with saddle soap. Think of a light colored pair of gloves...

The silicone case OTOH, feels kind of weird, almost sterile. Some with OCD may not want to even touch it! It shows oils from our hands instantly, more so if you hold it after eating greasy foods, etc. That is remedied quickly with a microfiber towelette and perhaps some 70% rubbing alcohol. Silicone will probably last longer in the long run particularly if used in a gripping type belt clip or if the device is dropped a fair amount. Leather wears naturally but the skin is thin and on the edges will tear if abraded from a drop to concrete, etc. That can look rather bad.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd buy the leather, and then pick up a cheap silicone case at Best Buy or on Amazon. There's no law that says you have to pick just one!

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion silicone case gives more grip to phone plus it won't have that visible wear and tear as the leather case. My blue leather case for iPhone 5s look terrible after 1 week of usage but I have product red silence case for space grey iPhone 6 and after two weeks of constant usage no signs of wear.

garrykissel

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I just put my new blue leather case on my 6 plus and it feels and looks just wonderful. The fit and finish are beyond my expectations. It definitely adds class to an already classy phone. I highly recommend it.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I settled on the brown case for my space grey 6. Love it so far. I do wish it was a bit more sticky in the hands. It is just a touch more slippery than I would prefer. It looks fantastic and feels great in my hand. My daughter, however, said leather is for old people. She says the brown looks good, but the material is a fail.

I have a navy one coming today or tomorrow and will swap between the two. Had a spigen slim case but it was just too slippery for a largish phone. Did not want to drop it while trying to use it one handed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73