How do I get rid of old pictures?

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
So, before my 6+ came in, I cut and pasted all of the picture files from my 5 to a file on my desktop, because I did not want them taking up space on my new 6+. I restored data from backup to my new 6+, but all of the old pictures from the 5 are on the 6+. Is there a quick and easy way to get rid of them, now that they are there? Thanks in advance for any help with this.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Was this an iCloud backup? iCloud will automatically backup your photos. iTunes also I believe. Also were the photos off of the phone before making the backup you restored from?

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I back up my photos to my computer, not the icloud. I did not look to see if they were off of the phone after I cut and pasted the photos files to my computer.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When you just copy and paste to your computer, it just makes copies. You have to physically the delete what you don't want on the phone itself.

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I specifically cut and paste them off of my 5, so they would not synch up with my new 6+, but I did not check to see if they were still there. Apparently, they were.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I specifically cut and paste them off of my 5, so they would not synch up with my new 6+, but I did not check to see if they were still there. Apparently, they were.
Why did you not just delete them after you put them on the computer? Easy to do. To delete photos from the Photos app, go to the photos app>Tap Photos at bottom. Now tap "Select" in the upper right. Then tap and mark the photos to delete. Then tap the trash can. That's it!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro