Mophie charging cases for the 6 and 6 Plus

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
For the past few weeks now the Mophie website main page has had the same message displayed saying that they are working on something new. I'm guessing that they're working on charging cases for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus and maybe the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I'm getting impatient now because I hope that Mophie starts selling the cases at the Apple Store to customers in time for Black Friday.

polo2883

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I doubt there will me a need for a battery case. I getting like 2 days out of my 6+. Maybe with a battery case I can maybe get a week?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm getting a mophie for my 6+ regardless of how good the battery life is.

When the iPhone 5 was out, it took Mophie a bit if time to release those battery packs.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Because the 6 Plus is not large enough? :)

Can't argue with that. It's just not something I have on my phone all the time so it doesn't bother me. I just like having a backup battery in some cases. Plus, I don't have to pay full retail for it. So there's that lol

jaymojones

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Because the size of the phone already, I just don't see them putting out a case for the 6 plus. Just like with Note 3, they didn't make a case, but they do market the external packs (i.e., Powerstation). I definitely see them making one for the 6 though.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Because the size of the phone already, I just don't see them putting out a case for the 6 plus. Just like with Note 3, they didn't make a case, but they do market the external packs (i.e., Powerstation). I definitely see them making one for the 6 though.

There isn't a Mophie for the Note because there isn't really a demand considering there wasn't a high segment of Note users. I'm positive there'll be one for the 6 Plus since there is a market of plus/sized (no pun intended) phones now.

jaymojones

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that was the case. How many Note 3's did Samsung claim to sell? Mophie has a case for the Galaxy S4 & S5 and even the HTC One

There isn't a Mophie for the Note because there isn't really a demand considering there wasn't a high segment of Note users. I'm positive there'll be one for the 6 Plus since there is a market of plus/sized (no pun intended) phones now.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No doubt there are people that can go thru a 6Plus battery before the day is over. I just don't think there are enough of them for Mophie to risk making a case for the 6 Plus.

Personally, if they did, I think there would be a ton of 6Plus Mophie cases hanging on retailer's display hooks. Why? The phone's battery life is acceptable for the vast majority of 6Plus owners, and concerns of a large phone getting even bigger with said case.

I don't see a 6Plus Mophie case.

"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't think that was the case. How many Note 3's did Samsung claim to sell? Mophie has a case for the Galaxy S4 & S5 and even the HTC One

I just think that the fact it's an iPhone, they'll make a case. Which, by the way, the standard one may actually be thinner than the one's that were made for the 5 and 5S.

However many Note 3's were sold by Samsung in the U.S. probably just didn't create a demand for a Mophie case. Not because it gets good battery life, but because there just wasn't a demand.

This is all just assumption and opinion. I may or may not be wrong.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't think i'll need it for my 6+. I've had extended batteries/cases on many of my older phones but I think the 6+ battery life is good enough for me.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
No doubt there are people that can go thru a 6Plus battery before the day is over. I just don't think there are enough of them for Mophie to risk making a case for the 6 Plus.

Personally, if they did, I think there would be a ton of 6Plus Mophie cases hanging on retailer's display hooks. Why? The phone's battery life is acceptable for the vast majority of 6Plus owners, and concerns of a large phone getting even bigger with said case.

I don't see a 6Plus Mophie case.

"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

I would be very surprised if they release a + case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711