Anyone else hate the location of the power buttons on the new iPhones?

Ann Cumbie

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I have yet to be able to turn it off with ONE hand, without hitting the buttons on the side. Don't know if I'll ever get used to it. I have small hands. . . maybe that is the problem.

GSOgymrat

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I understand moving the power button from the top but Apple should have copied Nokia by putting the buttons all on one side. It is much easier because you just use your thumb for everything.

gtricecakes

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I like the location. If it were any lower, it could mess up you using the volume buttons as well.

I've been using a Samsung s5, so that's another reason why I like the placement. I think they are about the same. The Sony z3 has it lower and I thought it felt weird.

I think the placement ideal position is personal and probably depends on the size of their own hand. I have fairly small hands and it feels right to me at least. To each their own.

djgmac

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I originally reached for the top, but after about a week or so, not only do I reach for the side, I actually feel that's where it needed to be (although I'm still hitting the volume buttons at the same time sometimes)

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm kind of used to it because I've been using galaxy devices for the past few years but I also used the iPhone and iPod touch so I remember where the buttons used to/should go!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Took about 2 days to get used to it. Now if only my iPod touch was that way...

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I am accustomed to have the power button on the side of the phone since I often switched between Android and iPhones so its not an issue for me. If anything apple finally moving it to the side is a smart move since its more normal to push the power button there (for me anyways).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner