slippery like butter!

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Went to the apple store today to check out the 6 plus in hand. I dropped their model. It was alright but man I'm gonna need a legit case for sure! That pretty gold backing is really slippery! Speck grip case it is!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Went to the apple store today to check out the 6 plus in hand. I dropped their model. It was alright but man I'm gonna need a legit case for sure! That pretty gold backing is really slippery! Speck grip case it is!

They are pretty slick, what did you think about the 6+.

Mizzlia

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that's why I put mine in a case when u first got it because when I took it out the box I'm like omg this is slippery glad I had already brought some cases

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
It is slippery. I bought the leather case, and it's much easier to hold onto. I'll look at the Apple silicon cases when I get the chance. Supposedly those are really good for grip. I'll probably hold off on the 3rd party cases for a little while until they are refined for the actual released iPhone design.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
It is slippery. I bought the leather case, and it's much easier to hold onto. I'll look at the Apple silicon cases when I get the chance. Supposedly those are really good for grip. I'll probably hold off on the 3rd party cases for a little while until they are refined for the actual released iPhone design.

I had a leather case and really liked it, but I picked up a silicone case today to try and I almost prefer it. Just a preference but I find it has a slightly better grip.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I probably bought the most slippery case. I find it more slippery than the iPhone naked. Love the look, don't like the lack of grip.

Tech21.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Don't buy any hard case as they are mostly slippery on the back. The Apple leather case is probably the best slim case on the market. With the leather case on, the back of the phone is no longer slippery. I can do a lot of thing on my 6+ with just one hand. Make sure you buy the right case.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Don't buy any hard case as they are mostly slippery on the back. The Apple leather case is probably the best slim case on the market. With the leather case on, the back of the phone is no longer slippery. I can do a lot of thing on my 6+ with just one hand. Make sure you buy the right case.

The Tech21 is not a hard case. It's TPU but so smooth that the natural oils from your hands make it not the most grippy. The leather case is nice looking and I would buy one but there is one thing I hate about it...the open bottom. I wish Apple did not do that. I have a UAG case on order and I had one with my 5S. I know the quality and the brand and the slip issue is not a problem with that case.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
image.jpg

i love my leather case!!!! i had the silicone in black and it got scratched in a matter of days! i went back to the store and got the leather one. I don't regret it !! i can use my plus one handed all the time and isn't slippery at all

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
actually holding the phone was great! i can't wait to get it in the mail! it's a little wider than my G3, but nothing i can't get used to. so glad i get to have my iphone AND the size i want.

i ordered some random cases off of ebay and i'll keep them, but i think until i get used to the feeling of this phone in my hand, i'll stick to a tougher case.

Mike HH

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
After 2 weeks with no case, I'm finding the 6+ much less slippery. Either I'm getting more used to it or the metal is getting broken in, but either way it doesn't feel like I'm going to drop it anymore.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's going to be Otterbox for me. I go for protection over looks. The leather case does look nice though.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
i got an incipio thin silicone layered case. it says it's shock proof so i'll take it for now. waiting for the thin otterbox to come back in stock.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
It depends on your grip. Is it slippery, yes, the all metal back with thin profile you are asking for trouble. Do you get used to handling it - depends.

I bought the Apple leather case with the iPhone 6 bcos I wanted to wait for Kavaj (I have fallen in love with their leather craftsmanship) but then decided to flaunt it naked for a day and that day turned to couple to few. Using it naked for few days now and it has not slipped from my grip yet.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
It's going to be Otterbox for me. I go for protection over looks. The leather case does look nice though.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
I have been a long time OtterBox customer. But I think they are really dropping the ball on the iPhone 6. In addition, I have read some reviews that their build quality recently is not as good as it used to be. Therefore, for my second case, I am leaning toward the Griffin Survivor All-Terrain for my outdoor and sports activities.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR