iPhone 6 Plus - Loose/wriggly Volume + Power buttons

Jake Ganymede

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Within 24 hours, I have had two iPhone 6 Plus.

The first time for me to splurge a big amount of cash on an Apple product, given that I have always been on a contract for the last few years. Very happy to be able to get it very soon, but problems keep cropping up. You may think this is trivial but I do believe a phone device that's advertised at ?700 should NOT be manufactured to have rattling buttons/noise, especially when Apple claims that how meticulous they are when it comes to designing an iPhone.

Both iPhones have loose buttons and this includes its volume buttons, switch button, power button. A replacement was given without hassle in the Apple Retail Store, but the same issue exists, unfortunately. Worse still, I can somehow hear the rattle if wobbling the phone slightly. Now, this sounds like a carelessly designed or cheaply built product.

I guess this is similar to having a brand new car, any part/component that rattles unexpectedly sounds broken to me.

I am having a phone call with Apple Support Care team today to discuss this. So let me know if your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus are also having the same issues.

Last edited:

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Kind of amazing that of the millions of phones that have shipped you got landed with two with the same defect. Anyway, mine doesn't rattle but I can understand how the rattling would get to me too. These phones are assembled by slave labor in China, like Samsung or HTC, so, yeah, "meticulous" to the point where if the slave labor screw up, they'll be fired. I'll be sending good probability vibes your way...eurgh, I'm not good with this hippy stuff. I'll instead say good luck and hope that gets the point across.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I traded my iPhone 6 that had slightly loose buttons for a 6 plus with buttons that are not at all loose, well the mute switch has a tiny amount of play but that is all. The one thing that bothers me about the 6 plus is the vibration is loud. Yesterday I had a reminder set and when my phone vibrated in my pocket I couldn't feel it, but I actually heard the phone vibrating. That is my only complaint with my new 6 plus.

oddthrees

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Yep. I had this same problem. The buttons were a little loose and would wiggle a little. Nothing major but I didn't want to risk something happening in 2 years time.

Went to Apple Store and check out other units and they all had solid flush buttons. Apple Store was happy to replace (within return period).

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Mine wiggle a little and are clicky when I lightly tap on them.. Thought it was normal. However, I don't hear then rattle when shaking the phone or anything. So are they supposed to be tight with no slight wiggle whatsoever? I'll have to take a trip to the Apple Store tomorrow and check out some of their display units and compare