Has anyone noticed their iPhone 6 disconnecting from Wi-Fi every couple of days?

chrisjohnson83

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Been using iPhone 6 plus since the first day and noticed every couple of days the Wi-Fi will disconnect and the only way to make it come back is restarting the iPhone.. I've done the reset network settings before and this still happens.. There's endless pages on Apple support forums but don't see it being talked about much here.. Is this happening here with users to?

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Haven't had a wifi problem at all. Connects and reconnects to my frequent networks seamlessly.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

dkp23

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Been using iPhone 6 plus since the first day and noticed every couple of days the Wi-Fi will disconnect and the only way to make it come back is restarting the iPhone.. I've done the reset network settings before and this still happens.. There's endless pages on Apple support forums but don't see it being talked about much here.. Is this happening here with users to?

Yes, been happening to me. WIll leave a wifi area, go back in and it wont reconnect. I turn wifi off and on, still wont reconnect. I then go to the wifi settings to try to reconnect by forgetting the network and then reentering pw, but the glitch doesnt allow wifi connections to be recognized so it just keeps searching and searching.

Only restarting the phone puts it back to normal, resetting network doesnt do anything because that essentially restarts the phone anyways. So just a restart should do.

Annoying,

chrisjohnson83

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, been happening to me. WIll leave a wifi area, go back in and it wont reconnect. I turn wifi off and on, still wont reconnect. I then go to the wifi settings to try to reconnect by forgetting the network and then reentering pw, but the glitch doesnt allow wifi connections to be recognized so it just keeps searching and searching.

Only restarting the phone puts it back to normal, resetting network doesnt do anything because that essentially restarts the phone anyways. So just a restart should do.

Annoying,

I'm running 8.02... Hopefully it's fixed in next update.. Have you brought it to genius bar or called Apple? I haven't yet but thinking of doing so soon

dkp23

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm running 8.02... Hopefully it's fixed in next update.. Have you brought it to genius bar or called Apple? I haven't yet but thinking of doing so soon

Yes, i am running the same update. I figured it was a OS glitch, but if it happens continuously, i may pay them a visit. Right now it is pretty random. Not sure what the genious bar would do anyway, probably just reset my phone and say it is fixed.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yup. Happened to me last night in my home.

Disconnected, went to connect again, network didn't even show, toggled wifi off/on, network still didn't show, and I rebooted.

wxman2003

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's happened a few times since I updated to 8.0.2. It also happened on my iPad rMini after I updated it to 8.0.2. It definitely iOS related. I then went into the settings on my Time Capsule router, changed the router name, and rebooted the TC. That seemed to work. Just rebooting the TC without changing the name did not eliminate the issue. May just be coincidence, but haven't had an issue for several days.

Joe Tischer

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Happens to me quite a bit. I actually have to restart the phone because when I scan for networks, it just sits / kinda freezes / then does nothing... I cleared the network settings, but Im not quite sure how that will translate into fixing it..

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
When i had the iphone it happened to me all of the time. I returned it and went back to my lg g3. I used half of my data in the one day i had the iphone 6. I wasnt even on 8.0.2 yet it wasnt released. I was on the original ios8.
My lgg3 has no problems connecting to wifi and staying connected so while i want the iphone 6 it reminds me of the sims 4 and just ruins too much stuff so im staying away.

jess henders

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Yes but mine is constant i can only use any internet for about two or three minutes if that and there is nothing wrong with my internet as it works with all other devices in the household 😡

garrett96

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Keeps happening to me. I will go into settings, disconnect, & then reconnect. However, I have had issues reconnecting to a wifi network. I receive a message saying that I entered the incorrect password when I know for a fact that it is the correct password. It's very frustrating. I have to reset my phone in order to connect to that network.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods