My Screen! Oh no! Almost had a heart attack..

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have had the 6+ for less then 24 hours. Just slipped out of my hands like a slippery fish! Haven't bought apple care yet. Had the case off for some reason - won't be doing that anymore.

Crack! Right on the edge where it must have come in contact with my keyboard.

It appeared to be broken under the Zagg glass. I carefully removed the Zagg.

Phew. It was the Zagg that broke not the phone.

Apple care & new Zagg glass as soon as possible! Yikes.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have had the 6+ for less then 24 hours. Just slipped out of my hands like a slippery fish! Haven't bought apple care yet. Had the case off for some reason - won't be doing that anymore.

Crack! Right on the edge where it must have come in contact with my keyboard.

It appeared to be broken under the Zagg glass. I carefully removed the Zagg.

Phew. It was the Zagg that broke not the phone.

Apple care & new Zagg glass as soon as possible! Yikes.

Been thinking about purchasing a glass protector. Are they easy to apply ? And say I mess up installation can I peel it up or will it crack ?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
It removes and reinstalls easily. It bends like you wouldn't believe without damage.

It is hard to align it straight as there is no wiggle room and hard to keep dust away as the bottom side is really sticky. But totally doable.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
It removes and reinstalls easily. It bends like you wouldn't believe without damage.

It is hard to align it straight as there is no wiggle room and hard to keep dust away as the bottom side is really sticky. But totally doable.

Okay thanks, Looks like I'll be placing my order soon. Definitely wanna rock the apple case this year and the glass protector.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

A trick I have doing for years when applying these protectors to keep dust off is turn on the shower (HOT) and close the door. Let it get nice and fogged up in there and then apply. I have never once got dust, etc between the phone and protector.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay thanks, Looks like I'll be placing my order soon. Definitely wanna rock the apple case this year and the glass protector.
It is important to apply the protector where there is little or no dust. Just the least bit can mess it up.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
A trick I have doing for years when applying these protectors to keep dust off is turn on the shower (HOT) and close the door. Let it get nice and fogged up in there and then apply. I have never once got dust, etc between the phone and protector.

Gonna give that a shot soon.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
You're very lucky, I'm glad it worked out for you!

Good thing you had the Zagg on, this thread has made me decide to go pick one up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I shared the experience. It really freaked me out. Just got back from the mall. Apple care plus and replaced zagg glass.

Last edited:

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Nice! I never cried in years but I would have shed a tear if it cracked one me so soon. I'm happy for you that it survived!

Ahmed S

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Speaking of the Zagg Glass, it is truly crystal clear and does not mess with the touch screen precision at all? I'm considering it but I was hoping that OP can shed some light on it since he owns one.

pararigger

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the zagg glass and you can't tell it's on there with exception of seeing the edge. Since the glass curves it only covers the flat portion of the screen. Otherwise you can't tell it's there.

Ahmed S

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the zagg glass and you can't tell it's on there with exception of seeing the edge. Since the glass curves it only covers the flat portion of the screen. Otherwise you can't tell it's there.

Well, that's encouraging. Now I need to find a classy flip case.!

pararigger

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Just remember a flip style case is going to make this phone massive. I had a couple for my Lumia 1520 and only used them on occasion when I went out to avoid carrying a wallet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234