Should I order a new iPhone online or take a chance at an Apple Store?

zevimenache

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Im traveling from overseas to New York from the 13-28 october,and i'm wondering what is the best option to buy an unlocked Iphone 6+ 16 GB, pre-order on online apple store or going to a local store?

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Pre-order and be guaranteed a device. The downside is that you may have to wait a bit to receive it. You have no idea how many people will be lined up waiting to see if they can get an iPhone at the Apple Store(s) you may visit while in New York. Anyway, that's my two cents...:)

zevimenache

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
The only problem is that maybe they will not ship until the 28...can i cancel the order?they charge the credit card when i place the order?

Thanks!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
At my local Apple in upstate New York they are not selling truly unlocked phones yet. The Verizon one is fully unlocked but I'm not sure you can buy one if you don't have verizon service.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The only problem is that maybe they will not ship until the 28...can i cancel the order?they charge the credit card when i place the order?

Thanks!

It is my understanding that you can cancel an order up to the point that it begins to process for shipping. However, that would be a very good question to get confirmed by an actual Apple representative over the phone.

zevimenache

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Every Iphone 6+ have the same hardware,is that right? So maybe i can buy on the apple store from any carrier and then pay 750$...

Thanks

zevimenache

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Mostly. In the US at least there are 2 variants sold. One that supports Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile and another that supports Sprint. The 2 variants have slightly different LTE bands that they support.

Ah ok so,i will take one of the models (att tm or verizon) and i will ask to pay full price!

Thanks for the help!

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Ah ok so,i will take one of the models (att tm or verizon) and i will ask to pay full price!

Thanks for the help!

Only the Verizon Wireless and maybe the T-Mobile ones are sold unlocked. The AT&T version is definitely locked to AT&T, no matter how much you pay for it. If you want an unlocked iPhone, be sure to specify this as most phones sold in the US are locked to the carrier that they are intended to be used with.

zevimenache

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Only the Verizon Wireless and maybe the T-Mobile ones are sold unlocked. The AT&T version is definitely locked to AT&T, no matter how much you pay for it. If you want an unlocked iPhone, be sure to specify this as most phones sold in the US are locked to the carrier that they are intended to be used with.

Have 2 friends that bought the att and said that they were unlocked...just the sprint is locked!

Differences between iPhone 6 Models (A1549, A1586, A1522 and A1524)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234