Group messaging question

Gojira01

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, I am new to imore. I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced what I have. I just got the iPhone 6 plus. But when I group message with friends they get my Apple ID email and not my contact name. But when I text these people individually it's fine and says my name. Any answers as to why it would do this? I've looked at sms settings and everything is as it should be. Any help would be great thank you.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
So I just tested this by sending two of my friends who are non-iMessage users a group message. One person responded to me by telling me that it came up to him as a picture message. With each reply that I got it did not appear in the group conversation list. I came in to me separately as if the person sent me an individual message.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I am new to imore. I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced what I have. I just got the iPhone 6 plus. But when I group message with friends they get my Apple ID email and not my contact name. But when I text these people individually it's fine and says my name. Any answers as to why it would do this? I've looked at sms settings and everything is as it should be. Any help would be great thank you.
How do you have it set up in Settings>Messages>Send and Receive? You might try unchecking your email and check only your phone number in "You can be reached by iMessage at". And only check your number in "Start New Conversations From". This us how mine is set up. I've had no problems.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412137348.827634.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412137361.624783.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Gojira01

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Both are checked. But when I deleted the existing thread which I assume got like that cause I backed it up from my iPhone 5 and it carried over to the new phone which is probably why. But when I started a new one with the same friends it was back to normal. Thanks.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Both are checked. But when I deleted the existing thread which I assume got like that cause I backed it up from my iPhone 5 and it carried over to the new phone which is probably why. But when I started a new one with the same friends it was back to normal. Thanks.

Correct. I restored from my 5S.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711