I don't know where to put this...

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Being totally honest, we're missing something here. Maybe it was left out on purpose on the ops part, but we don't swipe your card and then have input the expiration date. All that needs to be typed in is the CVS which is the 4 security digits on the front for amex and the 3 digits on the back for the other cards.

In fact, even with manual entries, the wrong date would not go through. Would just have you do it again.

I'm only telling you what they told me.
The charges are clearly here, but guess who left without an iPhone...
7f39488f4672f415768fe13f36a38b2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I suppose this is what is meant by "dumbing down of society"....... Remarkable how many of you believe these series of events actually occurred. The OP is trying to get sympathy and validation from you. What actually occurred is something much different.

Could be. Or maybe not.

If coming here acting like a pretentious know-it-all outthinking the room makes you feel better, then congratulations.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I suppose this is what is meant by "dumbing down of society"....... Remarkable how many of you believe these series of events actually occurred. The OP is trying to get sympathy and validation from you. What actually occurred is something much different.

I'm not forcing you to read this or feel sympathy.
What exactly do you think your sympathy is going to do for me anyway?
Also, might I add, why on Earth would I want sympathy from someone who is lower than me? Clearly coming into this thread that is not offensive to you in any way and trying to belittle and insult me means that you are very small and trying to make yourself feel big.
If indeed I wanted sympathy I would have sought that out from corporate, you know, people who could actually help me.
I hope you feel good about trying to make someone you don't even know feel small, I hope it made you feel better.
Goodbye.

Last edited:

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I just posted here, because I needed to vent.
If I had any idea that posters here were jerks like over at macrumors I would have never joined.

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Don't really think anyone meant to be a jerk... But guess it happens. A few things it could've been. Was the credit card in the account holders ( your name)? Is it possible a payment to ur card wasn't processed yet and they wouldn't let you charge past a certain amount?? Did they do a credit check and require more of a down payment than room you had in your card? Did you have a past due bill with your previous carrier that hadn't been paid yet?? Any one of these things could screw up your purchase. I'm assuming your name is the account holders name. My best friend had 1 of these issues that stopped transaction from happening to her. My friend didn't find out what happened till she called the next day to customer support. Don't let it drop that easy, a wrong date entered manually from card wouldn't ring true. Call customer support tomorrow, keep escalating till you get an answer. Something is Fishy with what Sprint told you about entering a number wrong... It has to be one of the above issues or maybe they realized the phone they promised you was a preorder already paid for, or it was on hold for someone else. Call tomorrow .. Don't bother going in... Good luck

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't really think anyone meant to be a jerk... But guess it happens. A few things it could've been. Was the credit card in the account holders ( your name)? Is it possible a payment to ur card wasn't processed yet and they wouldn't let you charge past a certain amount?? Did they do a credit check and require more of a down payment than room you had in your card? Did you have a past due bill with your previous carrier that hadn't been paid yet?? Any one of these things could screw up your purchase. I'm assuming your name is the account holders name. My best friend had 1 of these issues that stopped transaction from happening to her. My friend didn't find out what happened till she called the next day to customer support. Don't let it drop that easy, a wrong date entered manually from card wouldn't ring true. Call customer support tomorrow, keep escalating till you get an answer. Something is Fishy with what Sprint told you about entering a number wrong... It has to be one of the above issues or maybe they realized the phone they promised you was a preorder already paid for, or it was on hold for someone else. Call tomorrow .. Don't bother going in... Good luck
Yes, the card is in my name. My spending limit was well over the amount that I was putting on the card, they were only supposed to put $72 on the card, but as you can see from the screenshot I posted they charged a random $105 (which is still well under my limit). I have no past due bill with my current carrier, my bill for this month hasn't even posted yet. It may have very well been an honest mistake on the cashier's part, but as you said it could be one of many reasons. All I can do at this point is call tomorrow and see what's going on.

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
It sounds to me the sprint man did it on purpose,you don't whip out a good card and it declined ... It's Possible but because of high demand /low supply who knows..! People (I was asked to put out cash to hold my iPhone) & my guess is people did just that!
Not just sprint I'm saying everywhere

Last edited:

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a big internet forum poster, i've really only been here and AndroidCentral, i'm now starting to see that the trolls are on tech forums too. lol

Forums are just like Facebook and any other mode of social media in that they expose you to 'everyones' opinions....even the ones you'd rather not hear lol.

I feel for you and I don't think you need to prove every detail to anyone here. What happened sucks, and venting can help ease the disgust.

I hope you stick with our community. We have far more good folks than bad. Thick skin can help at times, but there are many many caring and helpful folks here. I hope you get your new phone soon and get retribution as well!!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I just posted here, because I needed to vent.
If I had any idea that posters here were jerks like over at macrumors I would have never joined.

Please don't feel that way. Trust me, iMore welcomed me with open arms. It's a great place. Just know that when venting, people might challenge what you say.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
That's weird. When I paid for my 6+ and swiped my card they didn't enter in any information my my security code. I'm thinking they didn't have the phone any longer because they aren't allowed to hold stock.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I feel for you buddy...I would have been pretty ticked off if that happened to me! Just keep hounding Sprint like everyone is saying, and hopefully you will get some closure, or at least someone who knows what they are talking about.

This happens with every company...you call 5 times and get 5 different answers, then FINALLY you get someone who is willing to help you and actually cares about the company they work for and the consumer.

And as stated above, this forum is a great place, and the idiots are few and far between...especially once you get to know some of the main members here.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to stick up for sprint, but the sprint store by me yesterday had the systems go down at about 4pm. I was returning a case that I bought and it took about 45 minutes to get the return to go thru. Maybe that was part of the issue. Either way sorry for your loss.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe that forever is making up any of this. Not sure why anyone would assume that or have that be the first though. But anyway.....I had another thought. Another instance where an associate might "pretend to" swipe a card is if they feel that the credit card is fake or there is something suspicious. That, or what others are saying, they might not have even had the phone and screwed up. Regardless, they owe you. Hopefully this works out ok for you (and sorry you've had to deal with a tough crowd here when you just came to explain/vent. I've been here only a week or so and have had nice responses by many people, so I've been lucky I guess)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73