Buying Verizon 6+ off contract without a Verizon account

Rebelatheart

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to purchase a Verizon iPhone 6+ off contract without actually having a Verizon account?

I have ATT, and am thinking about switching to Tmobile. Yes, I know I can just buy the Tmobile version unlocked from Apple.

The reason I want the Verizon version is because when I go to possibly sell it next year for the 6S+, I will have more options in terms of who I can sell it to. I know the Tmobile version works with Verizon if you have a activated sim. Id rather not have to explain that or have someone come back and say they tried to switch to Verizon and were told that the phone imei is not in their system so they wont activate.

I feel like if possible, it just makes more sense to get the Verizon version since it is gsm unlocked, and also can be activated via Verizon with no issues whatsoever.

Thanks

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to purchase a Verizon iPhone 6+ off contract without actually having a Verizon account?

I have ATT, and am thinking about switching to Tmobile. Yes, I know I can just buy the Tmobile version unlocked from Apple.

The reason I want the Verizon version is because when I go to possibly sell it next year for the 6S+, I will have more options in terms of who I can sell it to. I know the Tmobile version works with Verizon if you have a activated sim. Id rather not have to explain that or have someone come back and say they tried to switch to Verizon and were told that the phone imei is not in their system so they wont activate.

I feel like if possible, it just makes more sense to get the Verizon version since it is gsm unlocked, and also can be activated via Verizon with no issues whatsoever.

Thanks

Yeah i would suggest buying from best buy, or a third party retailer other than verizon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebelatheart

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Apple said that they would not sell it to me. A Apple chat rep online said that the retail store couldnt sell me one because they can only sell what they have instock (which they probably would not) or they have to order from the Apple store online, which doesnt allow for the phone to be ordered without being a customer. She made it seem like if it was in stock at the store I could buy it, but the store I called said that I could not if I didnt have Verizon.

Now, the person I talked to was not too informed at all, as she initially said that I couldnt buy a Tmobile phone without service either, until she changed her stance once I called her out on that being wrong.

Guess I'll just drop by the store and see for myself. I'll check Best Buy too.

Thanks

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Last year I bought two iPhone 5s off contract from Verizon and sold them on eBay for a substantial profit

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

Verizon phones come unlocked... That was their deal when bought the 700 spectrum. And buying any phone from any carrier at the apple outright leaves it unlocked. When you do an upgrade once the sim is placed in the phone it then becomes locked.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Rebelatheart

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Verizon phones come unlocked... That was their deal when bought the 700 spectrum. And buying any phone from any carrier at the apple outright leaves it unlocked. When you do an upgrade once the sim is placed in the phone it then becomes locked.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

I stated that I know the Verizon phone is unlocked. What I am trying to do is buy one outright even though I am not a Verizon customer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro