Car Mounts............. What are you using?

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Been using ProClips since 2010, and love them. Fit in each car with easy installation and no suction cups!

I took an older suction cup mount I had with a magnet mount apart. The magnet is now mounted directly to my ProClip bracket in my Audi A4. Just hide the metal plate — mine is behind a Spigen Neo Hybrid case from Amazon.

Super nice to have it mounted by the media center in the car with no clips showing. The magnet is still strong enough to hold my 6 Plus.

Same here. ProClip, although a little spendy looks great and doesn't look cheap like most of the universal ones out there.

Apple iPhone 6 Plus With A Case Adjustable Holder for Small to Medium Cases.?-?ProClip USA

I have this one for my iPhone 5S and paired with a Bracketron it looks nice and clean right next to my radio.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had this bad-boy for about a week and it's by far the best car mount I've ever owned. It houses my 6+ like a dream. I would definitely recommend.

5e4ygame.jpg
anate3u5.jpg

MaikJay

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
After using my cup holder, dashboard and suction mounted window holder for my 4 I knew what I had wouldn't work for my 6+ so I picked up a Satechi Universal Smartphone CD Slot Mount from Amazon and consider me impressed. It fits my 6+ w/Spigen SA kick stand case with no issues. The mount was already snug, as is, when locked in the CD slot but I decided to add the smallest sized adapter and it's on super secure. Spring loaded holder keeps the 6+ nice and snug and there's no play when the phone is in. It easily rotates from landscape to portrait mode and tilts just enough up/down/left/right to get the angle the way you like. I doubly like it because it also frees up my cup holders, dashboard and I keep it off my window. It's setup right in the middle of my 09 Camry and you're even able to share the love of the 6+ with whoever is riding on the passenger seat. If you have a cd player that you don't use, like me, this one works quite well.

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the original iOttie which someone else has already posted, but its just way to tight with the 6+. I love the iOttie and hate it doesn't work.

I also have a Bracketron Cup Holder mount which I got for my F150 but it doesn't work in my new vehicle. It works with 6+ just fine though

cup-it_1.jpg

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up! Works great on my Audi TT

Another vote for the Kenu Airframe+.

It works great on my 2006 Mini Cooper. I put it in the vent just to the right of the steering wheel. It holds the phone up high where I see incoming notifications without distraction while I drive.

It's so easy to remove that I think it will fall out of the vent. However, it has never fallen in the few days I have used this larger model and never fell out during the 6 months I used the smaller model for my iPhone 5s. And my little car drives rough over bumps and around curves.

I love it and the think it has made me a safer driver because I'm not tempted to fumble with my phone while driving. For $30 it seems pretty pricey for what it is, but I haven't found a better, unobtrusive mount for my little car.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had this bad-boy for about a week and it's by far the best car mount I've ever owned. It houses my 6+ like a dream. I would definitely recommend.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/14/5e4ygame.jpg

I went with this as well, because I wanted something overnight. I found a "used" one on Amazon, from Amazon, which in the description said the packaging may be damaged. (New are on backorder.) Yes, the box was dinged, but never opened. It's big and bulky, but seems sturdy. It's kind of "kludgy" compared to Pro Clip, and the plastic seems cheaper. I'm going to try it on a road trip tomorrow. It holds the phone securely, but is bouncy. It reminds me of a mount I had for my iPad first gen- which was just too big and bulky. But maybe I'll like it. I was looking on the Pro Clip site, and see that they now have a "dock" version, which is pre-order. I may eventually go with that. (I already have the Pro Clip base, just need the 6 Plus cradle.)

I do have a discount code, DRIVE SAFE 20, for 20% off at iOttie.com, if anyone needs it!

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You know as large as the 6+ is, I think we are going to have to settle with the bouncy no matter what mount we get. lol

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The iOttie case held the phone securely. It rotated easily from landscape to portrait. Landscape seems more natural because of the size of the phone. I used a thin case for my trip, but used a very heavy Case-Mate Brilliance case for work this morning, and both fit into the holder.

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
I have the Iottie mount but seen the magnetic mounts are taking over. More uses then just the auto and I have found a bunch of new players. Just researching amazon and the internet I found 9 decent brands that I have heard of even Iottie is getting into it.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the new iOttie OneTouch 2 posted above for about two weeks now. Much nicer than the original one. I'm going to be giving that one away to a friend who still has a 5S.

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I keep looking at mounts. I tried the one that fits into CD player but that messed with my radio controls.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I keep looking at mounts. I tried the one that fits into CD player but that messed with my radio controls.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

Hey buddy!

I just ordered a Kenu Airframe and it should arrive tomorrow. It was recommended from the VW board. It looks pretty good check it out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen