Car Mounts............. What are you using?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have tried quit a few over the years and they either malfunctioned or broke on me. Or worst your iphone ends up falling off it when you hit a hard bump

So I finally got a set-up that works using parts from a couple of units I owned along with a dash beanbag stand.

Will post a pic when I get in the car

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This is the first time ever I've had a need for a car mount so I'll be paying attention to this thread.

One thing I can say is the kind that can hook up to the AC vent or something would be better instead of those ones that stick to the windshield. No matter how low they are, they obstruct view. I guess it depends the person.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This setup has a strong spring loaded clip for a secure attachment and the beanbag holds it firmly in place
2f063e0b9552714c06453c9e5511526b.jpg

fe7535b1875629deda871f3542840ae2.jpg

TGR1

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

This is the one I was going to suggest. I have it for the 5s and it is great.

I have it mounted on a flat part jutting out of my dash (2000 Honda CRV). Blocks my clock but I don't care since the thing doesn't display half the time anyway. The first time I mounted it too close to the steering wheel since I neglected to check all positions on the gear shifter and it was HELL to remove. The sticky pad is incredibly strong. But now that it is in place it rattles and bumps along without issue.

TGR1

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
ETA: Dupe!

To follow on post above, I have the smaller one for the 5s and it is a great mount. The sticky cup is incredibly strong so make sure to check any interferences (sightlines, gear shifters, etc) before actually sticking it down. I neglected to check all positions on my gear shifter and it was a huge chore moving this little guy.

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I use Proclip. It's served well for years now. Have to get a specific vehicle mount first (it's relatively cheap and a one time purchase usually). Then you get the phone holder (for your model, with or without a case) that screws on to it. Apple*iPhone 6 Without A Case*Phone Holders*-*ProClip USA Should be shipping around oct 1.

I have one for my car and one for wife's van. Thinking of getting another for van on the left side since she now has a different size iphone than me. No sticky pads. No fear of mount fall out. No harm to car. Just put phone in and it's charging. Hey Siri...

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Looking for a car mount. Interesting in seeing how some people have theirs set up. Post pics if you can.

Thanks.

I have the Samsung mount that I bought from Best Buy. It sticks on the wind shield and not on the dash. It is much better that way and I can remove it whenever I am done with it. You might want to check it out. If you like a photo, I can upload one later.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you looked in the iMore/Mobile Nation's store?

also Check out mountguys.com - disclaimer: I'm a satisfied customer...no other affiliation...

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for iOttie. Have had it for two years now and still going strong.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I use the iBolt Dock for the Note 2. It's the right size and has held up very well since I have had it almost 2 years.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I use this one. I love it. I6 does fit but I doubt the 6+ would. I have 2 for each of our cars. Sticks like crazy and has never fallen off.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412034299.910461.jpg

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Seems like I recently replied to something like this. I've been using an iOttie for 2 years! Best suction cup I've seen on anything. I'll be updating to the newer model soon.

I use this one as well. iOttie in white, mounted on the windshield under my rear view mirror. It's holds the phone snugly, and looks good. The holder is small enough to just fold it up when not in use and it sits close to the windshield.

I have the old model. I still love it though. Lol I use it on my Jeep's dashboard.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner