Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to update their screen sizes?

Michol Kim

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Point is... Its not apps that are ugly or not being optimized its the limitation of apple not allowing it to happen. Developers are limited on unjailbroken phones. Jailbreak community has unlimited variations for theme, app icon sizes, shapes and colors as well as widgets. Blame apple not the developers for optimization freedom. iMoreAppImg_20150922_153158.jpg

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Point is... Its not apps that are ugly or not being optimized its the limitation of apple not allowing it to happen. Developers are limited on unjailbroken phones. Jailbreak community has unlimited variations for theme, app icon sizes, shapes and colors as well as widgets. Blame apple not the developers for optimization freedom.

Your point is irrelevant. If you had read the thread, you would have understood that the thesis has to do with apps not being optimized for the larger screen sizes of the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. This thread has NOTHING to do with any limitations that Apple has (or has not) imposed upon developers. If one developer can optimize for the additional screen real estate, there should be nothing limiting another developer from doing the same optimization. THAT is the point of this thread.

Feel free to post your images and thoughts in the jailbreak section, but the are not germane to this particular discussion.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to upda...

Point is... Its not apps that are ugly or not being optimized its the limitation of apple not allowing it to happen. Developers are limited on unjailbroken phones. Jailbreak community has unlimited variations for theme, app icon sizes, shapes and colors as well as widgets. Blame apple not the developers for optimization freedom. View attachment 92280

Bro we get it your Jailbroken. You got trigger happy there for a minute lol. I think you're missing the point here. Frankly, those themes are not that great looking and un-themed iOS looks way better. I've always jail broken my phones so I am not anti-JB. For the first time in a while, I don't plan on jailbreaking my iPhone 6s+. Keep it simple!

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to upda...

Bro we get it your Jailbroken. You got trigger happy there for a minute lol. I think you're missing the point here. Frankly, those themes are not that great looking and un-themed iOS looks way better. I've always jail broken my phones so I am not anti-JB. For the first time in a while, I don't plan on jailbreaking my iPhone 6s+. Keep it simple!

I've always been against jail breaking my devices personally along with doing custom roms and etc on iOS and Android devices and while Apple does have limitations it's nothing that big imo. While I understand why they (Apple) don't allow widgets on the home screen it's not a big deal. Keeps the home screens nice and clean and uniform which I like

Here is my two Home screens on my Note 3 using both touchwiz and Google Now launcher

488932f7f2dd5709f4fb227b8f7157b3.jpg

540a1378d604937ee7b56da1a070a965.jpg

For the most part I only missed the App drawer on my ios devices but folders will do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Time to reopen this thread.

Are most major apps optimized for the 6 plus screen size now?

Speedtest.net Mobile Speed Test has now updated its app to support the iPhones 6 and 6 plus - including the screen resolutions of the 6/6 plus, and, landscape mode on the 6 plus.
It looks pretty sweet imo 👌👍
They've also improved the performance of the app, as well as having done some bug fixes and other work on it, according to the change log for it. The new version number is 3.6.0, fyi.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Speedtest.net Mobile Speed Test has now updated its app to support the iPhones 6 and 6 plus - including the screen resolutions of the 6/6 plus, and, landscape mode on the 6 plus.
It looks pretty sweet imo 👌👍
They've also improved the performance of the app, as well as having done some bug fixes and other work on it, according to the change log for it. The new version number is 3.6.0, fyi.

...Not to be too self referential - but the iMore Forums app has also just been updated to support the iPhone 6/6plus phones, including support for their native screen resolutions. Gotta say, imo, that the app is looking pretty sweet now on my 6 plus, since it's gone 'native'...👌
The version number for this release is 4.2.30

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2