Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to update their screen sizes?

chinmay007

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to upda...

It seems like a waste of such gorgeous screen. Rather than up scaling iPhone apps for 6+, they should down scale iPad apps for iPhone 6+.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to upda...

There are still quite a few apps not updated. Paid $6.99 + tax for an app and ended up putting in for a refund, which I put in for immediately upon seeing it. I didn't even bother checking if it worked. That's just too much money for an app that the devs haven't even bothered to update properly.

The best way Apple can force deva to update would be to make the apps not show up in the App Store on the phone if it isn't optimized for it and the user hasn't already paid for it.

Android doesn't have this issue because the OS already scales apps properly regardless of screen size. Only the graphical assets are a huge issue there.

It's hard to complain about free apps, but paid apps and those with lots of IAP really need to be updating their apps.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to upda...

There are still quite a few apps not updated. Paid $6.99 + tax for an app and ended up putting in for a refund, which I put in for immediately upon seeing it. I didn't even bother checking if it worked. That's just too much money for an app that the devs haven't even bothered to update properly.

The best way Apple can force deva to update would be to make the apps not show up in the App Store on the phone if it isn't optimized for it and the user hasn't already paid for it.

Android doesn't have this issue because the OS already scales apps properly regardless of screen size. Only the graphical assets are a huge issue there.

It's hard to complain about free apps, but paid apps and those with lots of IAP really need to be updating their apps.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Isn't that a bit harsh? The Devs are working on their apps and more get updated everyday. Most of the ones I use have been updated and not only did the Devs update the resolution, but they added functionality. I am guessing that as time goes by more and more apps will be updated. I am sure most Devs don't have teams and teams of developers working around the clock to update their apps.

I would say if you are that against using an app that is not optimized, check the AppStore for the last update time and read the Whats new sections to see if the apps are updated.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
IM+ got updated.

Used to be a big users of IM+, but as the years go by AIM and Yahoo messenger are used less and less. Between iMessage and FB Messenger you can pretty much hit everyone :)

BUT... I still have it installed and it looks great...

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Isn't that a bit harsh? The Devs are working on their apps and more get updated everyday. Most of the ones I use have been updated and not only did the Devs update the resolution, but they added functionality. I am guessing that as time goes by more and more apps will be updated. I am sure most Devs don't have teams and teams of developers working around the clock to update their apps.

I would say if you are that against using an app that is not optimized, check the AppStore for the last update time and read the Whats new sections to see if the apps are updated.

No. That's too damn expensive to wait. I'll use it to buy apps from devs that are more on the ball, thank you.

Developers get paid when I buy their apps so no. I'm not being harsh at all. I've already stated free apps aren't really what I'm talking about.

Before adding functionality the devs need to make the app display properly. It can bake cakes for me, but if it's an eyesore it's not worth my money.

mj0

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Most apps seem to have been updated at this point but there are still some that have not been optimized for the larger screen yet, despite having received multiple updates in the past few months. The ones I use regularly are Income OK and the Mi Band app.