Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to update their screen sizes?

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm not the only one who experiences this. It started with iOS 7. Before that the notifications were prompt. My App Store does know there's an update, because it is there. iTunes put it there. But the notification for it is way too late, if it shows at all. This started when they added "Auto App Update". The update is there, I go to the App Store, and they are there. A few seconds later the notification lights up. Whether intentional or a bug, I don't know. I just know it's mildly annoying.

I thought I was the only one.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to upda...

The iMore forums, Google maps, Google search, Google drive, Amazon, eBay, Starbucks, PayPal, and a few others for me aren't updated.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to upda...

The iMore forums, Google maps, Google search, Google drive, Amazon, eBay, Starbucks, PayPal, and a few others for me aren't updated.

iMore forums won't get updated before Tapatalk does, as it's being managed by Tapatalk.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think a lot of the apps for the 6 Plus are finally getting optimized. Most of the ones that I use frequently look good to me.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to upda...

Update for Tapatalk seems nice, though at first glance the text seems TINY (and I have great eyesight) lol. I thought Facebook text was small! Solution is simple though : just change font setting in Tapatalk. Only problem is that it only changes the font size of a topic that you've clicked on. Forum main pages and additional topic listings are back to the smaller size, which is significantly smaller than Safari. Another thing I noticed is that the app is not really functional in landscape. The orange bar at the bottom takes up too much space, along with the text box at the bottom. There should be a way to go full screen mode (unless I'm missing something)

Last edited:

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Looks good. Just wish they would have the split screen on the 6 plus like on the iPad.

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice