Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to update their screen sizes?

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
But the different keyboard sizes is killing me. Going back and forth is terrible.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

I agree this is annoying, but I'm just happy that the scaling generally works most of the time. I'm more annoyed at some of the crashing and other things that iOS 8 is bringing to the table. Just hope that Apple releases bug fixes on a quicker schedule than in the past. While it would be nice to not have to download updates every other week, I'd prefer that to waiting months to provide basic bug fixes like we had to do with iOS 7 because they wanted to roll them all up together.

ocus

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Just for the record, as an app developer I am GOING INSANE :crying: with Apple lately!!!!!

My latest app went "Ready for Sale" on 10/1 and has NOT YET APPEARED in the App Store six days later! I have complained numerous times now as I uploaded this app on 9/23.

So it's not US, guys. It's THEM!

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Just for the record, as an app developer I am GOING INSANE :crying: with Apple lately!!!!!

My latest app went "Ready for Sale" on 10/1 and has NOT YET APPEARED in the App Store six days later! I have complained numerous times now as I uploaded this app on 9/23.

Thanks for letting us know, and keep us updated please :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Yeah. I've heard things about Apple only having like 40 reviewers on-hand and it delays the process when something is submitted.

1password devs submitted on Thursday and it didn't show up until yesterday.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. I've heard things about Apple only having like 40 reviewers on-hand and it delays the process when something is submitted.

Wow that's interesting. I never even thought about it that way (having to do with screening and review of app submissions)

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

40 reviewers on an AppStore with 1 million apps? That's really stupid. They must hire more!

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Google Chrome just got updated with add iPhone 6 / 6 Plus optimization. It now looks great on my 6 Plus.

So apparently Google is aware that their apps look bad on iPhone 6, yet they only offered optimization for Chrome and left the most other popular app, YouTube.

Note: YouTube was just updated few minutes ago but no iPhone 6 / 6 Plus optimizations.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412705541.342069.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412705556.337927.jpg

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft OneDrive (SkyDrive) just got updated adding support for iOS 8, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. They also added support for the Touch ID. Thanks Microsoft :)

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412801643.260450.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412801672.174621.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1412801681.184532.jpg

ITS ME DAVID

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Hope it doesn't take as long as it does when I got the galaxy s4 I had it a full 6 months and apps like instagram and youtube were never optimized to i ditched the phone and went back the the 5s now I'm here with the problem and 6+ but doesn't seem to be as bad but it's still a problem

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
According to this thread, I have app updates waiting. But no red notification badge shows. I had hoped that would be fixed in iOS 8.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
According to this thread, I have app updates waiting. But no red notification badge shows. I had hoped that would be fixed in iOS 8.

It's not a notification icon bug. It's just your AppStore didn't have any idea there was an update, and as soon as you launched it, it started checking for updates.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I am updating mine now as I post this. Today is a miracle day, a day where dreams come true! Now I only need a WhatsApp update and everything would be PERFECT!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's not a notification icon bug. It's just your AppStore didn't have any idea there was an update, and as soon as you launched it, it started checking for updates.
I'm not the only one who experiences this. It started with iOS 7. Before that the notifications were prompt. My App Store does know there's an update, because it is there. iTunes put it there. But the notification for it is way too late, if it shows at all. This started when they added "Auto App Update". The update is there, I go to the App Store, and they are there. A few seconds later the notification lights up. Whether intentional or a bug, I don't know. I just know it's mildly annoying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73