Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to update their screen sizes?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re:

also is it just me...or does that not look as "terribly awful" as OP is suggesting?
It's the new fad design no one can read or see. I emailed the developer for the app, Facetune, because I could not read it. Their reply referred to it as the "New Design Sensibilities". So washed out very light gray printed text is the big thing. I had another word for it, but I kept it to myself.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
the problem is also that Apple updated the developer's iTunes Connect and surely messed it up! Lots of bugs! And because all the developers need to update, and they only have like 40 reviewers I read online who do the App reviews.... some of my app updates have been sitting "In Review" status for 4-7 days, when it used to be HOURS from In Review to Ready for Sale. Sometimes, we'll upload updates and they won't even APPEAR in the account to be attached for hours. As a developer, I've already griped to Apple directly and tweeted about it, lol. Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave!!

It has been 4-7 days for review for awhile. Its 10+ right now due to large amount of updates. I have seen hours as a fluke.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Also Apple was not just hiding the two new phone sizes they are also telling devs to get used to other resolutions in the future so apps will be ready for any new device launches and minimizing feedback from users as in this discussion.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Man. Love the new phone but going from optimized apps to none is rough lol

I know well there is nothing that iMore can do regarding the forum apps as its provided by Tapatalk and won't be updated till Tapatalk update theirs, but the blog app is totally their own as far as I know, not sure what they are waiting for too.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to upda...

Maybe they're not waiting. Maybe they're developing. As are plenty of other developers. To insinuate that app developers are sitting on their hands doing nothing only helps to p*ss them off.

You ask for Apple to encourage developers yet you're discouraging them with these remarks.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to upda...

This. This, this, this!

Stop complaining about developers not updating your app in a timely manner. If you don't like the way Facebook looks, browse on Safari for the time being.

Past that, put your phone down, go outside, and do something productive instead of griping on a web forum about how your favorite app hasn't been updated yet.

Coding is not easy. It's not like Facebook has multiple mobile platforms to support, or a website to run.

Maybe they're not waiting. Maybe they're developing. As are plenty of other developers. To insinuate that app developers are sitting on their hands doing nothing only helps to p*ss them off.

You ask for Apple to encourage developers yet you're discouraging them with these remarks.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I do agree. Having the apps not optimized for the larger screens (it's an issue with the 6, too) isn't the best experience but at least they work and function. I don't mind the zoom as much as the two black bars on my apps when I waited for them to update for the iPhone 5.

Be patient, submit feedback, and they'll come along when they're ready.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Everyone needs to stop complaining about EVERYTHING LOL. If you haven't developed an app then sit back and relax because it takes time. Then it needs to be reviewed by Apple before it even gets put into the App Store. Relax people.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Everyone needs to stop complaining about EVERYTHING LOL. If you haven't developed an app then sit back and relax because it takes time. Then it needs to be reviewed by Apple before it even gets put into the App Store. Relax people.

Exactly... And imagine the outrage Facebook would face if they updated the app and something broke. They have to test and probably go through several versions before they get a release candidate. If I understand correctly they have a set schedule fit when they release updates, and I doubt the updated app was ready by the release time.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I remember for iOS 6 I believe it was Facebook rushed out an update and it didn't go well... It was mayhem for about a month people were going crazy saying " bring the old version back you idiots this version sucks it keeps crashing and my notifications don't show up blah blah blah". So that's why they take their time

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Apps look ugly on the 6 Plus. Why is Apple not encouraging developers to upda...

Even more than when the 5 came out, remember all the 2x iPad apps as developers either made dedicated apps or turned their app universal.

Give it a little time and the apps will work themselves out

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox