iOS 8.0.2 is so buggy on my iPhone 6 Plus

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got an iPhone 6 Plus two days ago from ooredoo Qatar. As soon as I got it and got back home I started it and restored from an iCloud backup from my iPhone 5S running iOS 7.1.2.

iOS 8.0.2 is feeling so buggy. Sometimes I could be watching YouTube and I feel like I need to turn the volume down, I try but it never goes down, or up. I exit YouTube and try to press the button again it shows the ringer sign with no bars under it, not even empty ones. I then have to reboot my device so that I can lower or increase the volume again.

The control center on my iPhone 5S running 7.1.2 is so smooth unlike the Laggy one on my iPhone 6 Plus running 8.0.2 :/

What's wrong with Apple, what happened to them. I never experienced as much issues as I do now on any of my past iPhones since iOS 4!

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Try restoring as new and not from a backup.

So what I am experiencing is something that is not normal? :/ I cry every time I setup as new because of the amount of two factor authentication enabled accounts I have :'(

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
While my experience is not universal, my i5's performance increased in iOS 8.0.2. Try resetting as new. If you still have issues, replace it, that is not normal iPhone behavior

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
M.Rizk, I have a similar issue with videos that I've mentioned in another thread. The volume goes down when replaying the video. Replay it again upon exiting and it goes down more, etc. very strange, but not a huge issue. I'm sure it will be worked out in future updates

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
M.Rizk, I have a similar issue with videos that I've mentioned in another thread. The volume goes down when replaying the video. Replay it again upon exiting and it goes down more, etc. very strange, but not a huge issue. I'm sure it will be worked out in future updates

Glad to know I am not having this alone. I was sure it's not a hardware issue and that its a software issue. Apple is supposed to release a new OS update probably in two, three days to add Apple Pay, so let's see how that will work.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The car bluetooth bug is pesky. After trying all the remedies I saw online, I finally did a factory reset and set up as new like I did I initially. I have icloud turned off.

At least I can talk to someone now now but still not optimally. Hope this gets fixed soon. It has been while since I had a new device that was this borked on Bluetooth, so much for it just works.

Posted via my Nexus 5

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I know it's a hassle to restore as new which is why I try to avoid it as much as possible. But just try it and if you have the same issues just revert back to your previous backup. I actually think restoring as new will help your situation.

We had a member here who returned a couple of iPhone 6's because he was having a problem with the photos app freezing on him when cropping and what not. By his 3rd device he was ready to take it back until he restored as new. It worked like a charm.

brightssingh

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
i 200%agree with you....ios 8.0.2 slowed iphone performence by half....i do not know why such a big company apple acting as like a blindman? my iphone 5s died two days before because of stable ios 8.0.2.....according to apple if anyone wants to downgrade from buggy ios 8.0.2 to stable ios 7.1.2 on iphone 5s, they should throw their old iphone 5s out and buy a new iphone 5s and install ios 7.1.2.... because apple closed the downgrade window and went somewhere else.....

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I get it that Apple has had a bad couple of weeks. But I seriously am not experiencing anything that could be remotely considered "serious" or "major". My 6 Plus is working really well. Sure, I see the occasional lag when rotating between portrait and landscape modes, but that?s resolved in less than a second or so. I am not seeing any crashes, any feature or function that is not working as I would expect it. My BT connection to my car audio system is working as well (or better) than my iPhone 5S with 7.1.2 ran.

My battery is amazing, and my phone runs 99% smooth as silk. No complaints here.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Hank 110%. This thing has been smooth as butter, and battery life is fantastic.

I think some of you should take all of this as a sign that in the future, you might want to wait a month before buying a new device...since it's becoming more and more apparent that some of you are incapable of handling the normal process and flow of early adoption without flipping out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2