Apple Leather Case + Best Buy PT Holster

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, I wanted a belt clip case for my 6 plus so I decided to stop by best buy and pick up their PT Case Holster Combo which is actually made by Seido. I didn't like the case as it allowed my 6 Plus to slightly move around and it made lots of creaking sounds. For giggles I decided to put my leather apple case on my plus and try it in the holster. To my surprise its a perfect fit! I am super happy that I can have the premium leather of apples case and now wear it on my belt so I don't have to have it in my pocket. I thought I would share as I am sure there are others out there looking for a similar solution.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, I wanted a belt clip case for my 6 plus so I decided to stop by best buy and pick up their PT Case Holster Combo which is actually made by Seido. I didn't like the case as it allowed my 6 Plus to slightly move around and it made lots of creaking sounds. For giggles I decided to put my leather apple case on my plus and try it in the holster. To my surprise its a perfect fit! I am super happy that I can have the premium leather of apples case and now wear it on my belt so I don't have to have it in my pocket. I thought I would share as I am sure there are others out there looking for a similar solution.

Do you mind taking a pic of it?

IamJAd

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Compared to the PT case, did you find the leather case made an improvement on grip? Holding the 6+ one-handed is still a challenge for me (so much so, that I'm seriously considering swapping for the 6).

That midnight blue leather case is beautiful.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I will take a picture later this morning (my plus is my camera) but I have to tell you it looks sweet. Now I'm thinking about picking up more colors to mix it up a little (Apple leather cases).

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Compared to the PT case, did you find the leather case made an improvement on grip? Holding the 6+ one-handed is still a challenge for me (so much so, that I'm seriously considering swapping for the 6).

That midnight blue leather case is beautiful.

Absolutely the Apple leather case has a much better grip and easier to hold. It feels premium. The holster actually feels nice as well. Very easy to snap case into place and it isn't leaving any wear marks on the Apple case so far.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I bought this combo also but have not used it yet. Still rocking a TPU case from Amazon that was 8 bucks. It is ridges on the sides which give it a grippy feel. It also works with the holster if I want to use it. Using a sleeve I used with my OnePlus One for my 6+ in the pocket for now.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely the Apple leather case has a much better grip and easier to hold. It feels premium.

Its the reason why i sent back the spigen and sticked with the leather case i bought yesterday.... with the spigen i couldn't use it one handed, however, with the apple case i can.

anon(4664034)

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I work in a hospital where I only wear scrubs, 2 pockets - 1 rear and shirt pocket. I use a holster to keep my pocket use for other items, i.e. pens, paperwork and wallet. The 90's was a good decade.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think holsters are coming back. My friends with a big phone are doing holsters and I'm getting the itch for a 6 plus. DAMN YOU Apple!!!!!

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I think holsters are coming back. My friends with a big phone are doing holsters and I'm getting the itch for a 6 plus. DAMN YOU Apple!!!!!

I have been using holsters for years as I have no desire to fill my pockets with a cell phone. Keys and wallet take up enough space in my opinion.

b3i2g1

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I just wanted to throw in the mix that I used the MountTek "nGroove Snap 3" which allows me to put a very thin metal plate between my phone 6+ and my apple leather case... I can now mount my phone on their cd-slot-mount. I LOVE IT!

My boss just brought his Platinum case and holster in and i was almost sold on getting the combo, but the MountTek plate in my case holds much better, then I discovered my phone and case fit perfectly in the platinum holster!!! Score!!!

:)