Can't decide...go for the 6 plus???

AppleLadie

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure there are a lot of threads on here similar to mine. But help me make a decision!

I got my beautiful iPhone 6 in gold on launch day..Absolutely love it. However from day one I can't stop thinking about the 6 plus. I swayed towards the 6 because I convinced myself the 6 plus is way too big.

I'm a busy mom of 2. Sometimes multi-tasking that I figured the 6 plus would get in the way or make things difficult. Is it too big to control to take a quick picture??? Or to grab the plus and send a quick text to the hubby???

I just can't decide. I don't have an iPad mini. Hubby says if I do get the plus I most likely won't need one.
But I am not sure how much I will miss one handed use.

And now I can't find the plus anywhere. For days now searching and staying up until midnight for the new inventory. Ahhhh makes me want it even more because it's just a hot item.

Help!!! Suggestions. Opinions???

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You're in the same boat as me!!!! After playing with the plus at the Apple Store I am completely sold. I'll be returning my 6 or selling it this week. I'll wait for the 6 plus!

You should definitely switch! It's fine to take quick pictures and just as quick to send a text.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
hello! I don't have either phone yet. But if I were in your shoes, with the kids and hectic pace of life, I would keep the 6. The 6 Plus would get in your way. It would be a hindrance. It would for me anyway. But that decision is yours. Good luck, whatever you do!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

AppleLadie

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Ahhhhh I reserved one through my carrier but it doesn't look good to get it anytime soon. Trying to reserve it through apple site and no luck for the plus in 64gb Gold. Then I think I will just keep my 6 but I can't stop thinking how the plus will be for me.

I just want to try it out for a week or so and see how it is. Now the waiting is torture and second guessing myself on my decision.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
+ all the way. It IS big though and it will take some adjusting to. I have been clamoring for a larger iPhone size ever since I started paying attention to the Note (screen size not that BM of an OS). I knew what to expect when the + hit. For someone who has not messed with a larger sized screen before it might be a challenge.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Ahhhhh I reserved one through my carrier but it doesn't look good to get it anytime soon. Trying to reserve it through apple site and no luck for the plus in 64gb Gold. Then I think I will just keep my 6 but I can't stop thinking how the plus will be for me.

I just want to try it out for a week or so and see how it is. Now the waiting is torture and second guessing myself on my decision.

I am not sure if you are in proximity to an Apple store or not, but another member suggested waiting in line outside of an Apple store in the morning because many times the online availability system does not match was is truly there. And that he has experienced there being as many as 20 phones available upon opening in the morning. Of course, this is no guarantee.

What exactly is it that is drawing you to the 6+? Not that you shouldn't be because it is a great phone. But is there something that you feel you are missing out on? Don't let the 'hot item' factor sway you. It is hot because it is rare. Apple made WAY fewer 6+ phones and therefore it is not an easy find. This is not to say it isn't popular because it is, but be sure to keep that in perspective.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
it depends on your carrier. the guy at apple told me they had in the back but only for sprint. he said nobody wants sprint so.... I live in a big city. You might call first thing in the morning and reserve one. if you can do that! idk

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
If you can't get it out of your mind then get the plus. I am in the same boat. I tried to convince myself that I can live with a 6 but no go. So I'll wait. I've wanted a note since i had to stop running but by that point I was already sick of android. If you use a purse you'll have an easier time storing it and not have to deal with a massive phone in your pocket :p

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm loving the bigger screen. I've adapted to the size and found ways to improve my use with one hand use. I couldn't go back to my iPhone 5 or even consider a 6.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered a 6 and 6+. The 6 came on launch day and the 6+ came 3 days later. Been using a 6 since launch but the 6+ in the back of mind. I was gonna return it this weekend. But I figured I opened it and use it for a couple of days. Playing with a demo in store isn't the same like using it for a couple of days in your everyday life. Been using it since this past Friday. I've gotten use to the size really quick. Love the screen. Beautiful display. Battery is a big difference from the 6...of course it's a bigger battery. I plan to go to the apple store Thursday and return one of them...and guess what? I'm leaning in returning the 6 and keeping the 6+. I do a lot of forums. Reading. Safari. Emails. PDF files for work (I'm a contractor). Not a movie watcher on a smartphone but HD movies look awesome on this phone. On the 6 too. But on the 6+ it has that extra plus..the 1080p on a a bigger landscape. Everything just looks better on this display. I'm enjoying mine more than I was enjoying the 6. I figured once developers optimized their apps it's only gonna get better. This display and extra real estate have great potential.

Last edited:

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I pre ordered a 6 and 6+. The 6 came on launch day and the 6+ came 3 days later. Been using a 6 since launch but the 6+ in the back of mind. I was gonna return it this weekend. But I figured I opened it and use it for a couple of days. Playing with a demo in store isn't the same like using it for a couple of days in your everyday life. Been using it since this past Friday. I've gotten use to the size really quick. Love the screen. Beautiful display. Battery is a big difference from the 6...of course it's a bigger batter. I plan to go to the apple store Thursday and return one of them...and guess what? I'm leaning in returning the 6 and keeping the 6+. I do a lot of forums. Reading. Safari. Emails. PDF files for work (I'm a contractor). Not a movie watcher on a smartphone but HD movies look awesome on this phone. On the 6 too. But on the 6+ it has that extra plus..the 1080p on a a bigger landscape. Everything just looks better on this display. I'm enjoying mine more than I was enjoying the 6. I figured once developers optimized their apps it's only gonna get better. This display and extra real estate have great potential.

I chose the iphone 6 plus over the 6 due to the bigger battery and bigger screen. I don't spend much time on the phone but I do a lot of reading and other media related things on my phone, so I knew the bigger screen was a no brainer. Also I don't need to take my iPad places with me when I want to be productive or read I can now just use my phone and the iPad no longer has to leave the house.

Last edited:

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the plus. I cod hardly wait to get it. I got the plus on launch day. Took it back for the 6 two days later. It's a monster. Lol. So, it's all up to the user to decide. Good luck!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox