ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
As an owner of two IMacs
iPods
Every iPhone ever made
iPads
And iPad mini

If I did give up the Plus ... I may very well go moto x 2014 ....
5.2 screen stock android 1080p ...

Has anyone here ever used droid ?
Opinions ?

seanu13

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I commonly switch between android and iOS (developer) and I can say you wouldn't be disappointed using an android. Neither is better or worse than the other, it's just preference. It does take some adjustment getting used to android for the first time though. Play with a device in a bestbuy or something.

I prefer the nexus 5 over most others, but the new moto x would be nice too, and both are a good price.

Edit: both of those phones will be an extremely smooth experience by the way. Check out MKBHD on YouTube for very well done reviews.

Last edited:

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You ABSOLUTELY 100% unequivocally without a doubt should get the Motorola. It will meet all of your needs. You will love android. And, best of all, there are awesome forums specifically for android and Motorola users.

Do it. Don't even think twice about it. If money is a problem for you I might even buy it for you. Best of luck and enjoy that Motorola!!

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Android didn't work out for me over multiple phones or tablets but if it fits what you need, definitely switch. Take a look at windows and blackberry, they offer something different too

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Android is a great OS, and the new Moto X should offer one of its best experiences. I am trying to move back to iOS, by getting a Plus, but certainly not because I have any problems with Android.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
With your current ecosystem being solidly in the Apple camp, I think that you may enjoy the seamless integration of an iPhone more than an Android phone.

However, I own the original Moto X and think that it's the best Android phone out there. It's not my favorite phone, though. I know that it seems weird but the only thing that I didn't like about the original Moto X was the small screen size. The 2014 Moto X will resolve that and make me a happy camper when I get it.

There are people who integrate their Android devices with an Apple ecosystem, so it can be done. You would probably lose iCloud syncing, though. I'm not familiar with iCloud syncing so someone else can guide you on this further.

If you approach it with an open mind, you can adjust to a Moto X. While it would be somewhat similar because the iPhone and the Moto X are both smartphones, there will be differences that you will have to adjust to. Why are you thinking about giving up the iPhone 6 Plus?

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
With your current ecosystem being solidly in the Apple camp, I think that you may enjoy the seamless integration of an iPhone more than an Android phone.

However, I own the original Moto X and think that it's the best Android phone out there. It's not my favorite phone, though. I know that it seems weird but the only thing that I didn't like about the original Moto X was the small screen size. The 2014 Moto X will resolve that and make me a happy camper when I get it.

There are people who integrate their Android devices with an Apple ecosystem, so it can be done. You would probably lose iCloud syncing, though. I'm not familiar with iCloud syncing so someone else can guide you on this further.

If you approach it with an open mind, you can adjust to a Moto X. While it would be somewhat similar because the iPhone and the Moto X are both smartphones, there will be differences that you will have to adjust to. Why are you thinking about giving up the iPhone 6 Plus?

The Plus is a little hard to handle .

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Go motorola, they should be open for at least another 6 months.

Motorola separated into two different companies: Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions. Motorola Mobility was purchased by Google. Google isn't going anywhere in the not-so-distant future. Some of my favorite pre-smartphone era phones were made by Motorola: V3682, V600, V620, V635, V878, V3i (especially the liquid gold version) & V8 (the luxury edition was lovely).

My gf uses a Galaxy S4 and my father has a Note 3 and in my personal opinion they are a mitigated disaster. My father also uses an iPhone for his personal use and praises it. My gf will be getting a 6 plus shortly. I guess I'm too stupid to use Android. I prefer using an operating system and device that doesn't fight with me and doesn't require a ever evolving learning curve to use. But hey, to each their own.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Google bought them.

And promptly sold them to Lenovo although the deal has not closed yet. I loved my OG Moto X and have preordered the 2014 Model. Right now I am planning to switch between the 6+ and the Moto X. A bit disappointed in the iOS updating drama and not happy with my 6+ performance on bluetooth in my car. I think I have the situation fixed but need some more testing tomorrow. Battery life seems meh, but not sure if because I am using it more. Probably need to test that during the the work week during my routine.

Was also surprised that I cannot have my gmail pushed without using the gmail app. Luckily most of the google apps I need are on iOS as well.

I have not extensively used an iphone since I returned the 4 for holding it wrong. I just got my 6+ Wednesday so need some more time. The touch ID and imessage is pretty neat!

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
You ABSOLUTELY 100% unequivocally without a doubt should get the Motorola. It will meet all of your needs. You will love android. And, best of all, there are awesome forums specifically for android and Motorola users.

Do it. Don't even think twice about it. If money is a problem for you I might even buy it for you. Best of luck and enjoy that Motorola!!

So what is it? HaHaHaHaHaH

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
As an owner of two IMacs
iPods
Every iPhone ever made
iPads
And iPad mini

If I did give up the Plus ... I may very well go moto x 2014 ....
5.2 screen stock android 1080p ...

Has anyone here ever used droid ?
Opinions ?

I have had two Android phones and one Android tablet, so I can give you my unbiased opinion. Android is great for being open source. But the problem is that Google and their hardware partners put a lot do stuffs on their phones that so not work well. Apple might be slow on introducing stuffs, but they make things work smoother than Android. To me, it is not who come up with the idea first, it is who make it perfect. User experience is the key. And Android fails it big time. My ecosystem is primarily with Google, but ironically, many Google application actually work better on iOS device than on Android device. I have an iPad for more than a year. I have made educated comparison and came up with the conclusion that iOS is simply better on user experience which is very important to me. So there you go. Hope this helps.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have had many many phones. I currently have the g3 before that the 5s and before that the note 3 and many others. Android is fine. I gave up on Samsung over their bloat and interface. The Moto x is a great device. Looks great to. If I wasn't switching back to ios. In would definitely get the moto x. You will like it if that is your decision. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner