I've yet to receive my 6+ but I've read over on macrumors forums that a lot of people are experiencing lag with the 6+. Anyone here noticing this as well?
    09-27-2014 01:12 PM
    If they're getting lag or not, it's due to iOS 8 which still needs a bit of time to be tuned up. Hasn't much to do with the hardware. Give Apple a chance to fine-tune the OS for a phone that has only been released for a week now. Just enjoy your phone when you get it and don't worry about what other people are experiencing. Have your own experience with it and see how it goes.
    09-27-2014 01:14 PM
    I am noticing a little lag here and there that I do not have on my iPhone 6 ... I would agree that it is likely related to software. It's not bad enough to be a issue and I am sure they will get it smoothed out.
    jayv1717 likes this.
    09-27-2014 01:26 PM
    If they're getting lag or not, it's due to iOS 8 which still needs a bit of time to be tuned up. Hasn't much to do with the hardware. Give Apple a chance to fine-tune the OS for a phone that has only been released for a week now. Just enjoy your phone when you get it and don't worry about what other people are experiencing. Have your own experience with it and see how it goes.
    I agree I just found it interesting that 6+ owners noticed lagging and 6 owners did not. Would hate to see the iPad 3 situation pop up with 6+
    09-27-2014 01:27 PM
    I agree I just found it interesting that 6+ owners noticed lagging and 6 owners did not. Would hate to see the iPad 3 situation pop up with 6+
    The ipad 3 was a lemon in its own right because the processor couldn't handle the retina screen which caused all the heating and battery issues.

You certainly would see all those cases popping up by now with the 6 Plus.

Another thing to remember is that plenty of 3rd party apps need updating for not only iOS 8, but also the 6 and 6+ screen.
    09-27-2014 01:35 PM
    I haven't noticed any significant lag at all. There is a very small lag upon launch of some apps, but I figure an iOS 8 compatibility update and/or an optimized for 6+ update will fix that - in my experience iPhone apps take a split second longer on my iPad and I think it's a scaling thing there too.

I haven't noticed lag in the native apps, personally.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    09-27-2014 01:44 PM
    It's not an ios8 issue. I've done side by side comparisons and the iPhone 5s running iOS 8 clearly moves between apps and normal processes faster. I love the phone but there is undoubtedly some lag with it. More than there should be for their a brand new phone, especially considering it's slower than my iPhone 5s running iOS 8 as well as even my iPhone 5 running iOS 7
    09-27-2014 02:28 PM
    It's an iOS 8/iPhone 6 Plus compatibly issue*
    09-27-2014 02:42 PM
    Definitely noticing some lag and occasionally the phone will lock up completely. Thinking about doing a restore as new...
    Hiri89 likes this.
    09-27-2014 02:52 PM
    It's an iOS 8/iPhone 6 Plus compatibly issue*
    Yeah I'm hoping that's it. It seems strange though that a brand new phone which is supposed to be basically Apple's ultimate phone would have issues that the regular iPhone 6 would not. Though I'm hoping that it is software completely, a part of me tells me that it's hardware as well. If the processors are the same, the RAM is the same, yet the display is bigger and better, wouldn't the plus be trying harder, so to say, to accomplish tasks ? I experienced this firsthand on my iPad 3, which was basically an iPad 2 with a much better display. It lagged like crazy from the beginning. People said it was software, but it ended up just being the hardware, and they discontinued production of it just months after I got it and came out with a new iPad which could sufficiently power the display. I'm fearful of a similar situation happening here. The phone is manageable and fully functional, but it's difficult to accept my phones 1-2 generations behind this one clearly running smoother in every area from 3rd party apps right down to native apps and even the home screen, etc
    09-27-2014 02:54 PM
    I would say that any lag on my phone is due to apps not being made for the 6 plus. I can see some of the apps being resized in a dark screen.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-27-2014 04:56 PM
    No lag on my iPhone 6 Plus that I would attribute to the hardware itself...
    09-27-2014 06:40 PM
    Little lag here but nothing major. The posts here say it all. Apple needs to get a little more fine tuning done. I can't remember which version of iOS7 it was but it cleared up A LOT of the minor bugs that were experienced after it launched.
    09-27-2014 06:44 PM
    Little lag here but nothing major. The posts here say it all. Apple needs to get a little more fine tuning done. I can't remember which version of iOS7 it was but it cleared up A LOT of the minor bugs that were experienced after it launched.
    That would have been 7.1 but that didn't get released until almost 6 months after ios 7 was first released.
    09-27-2014 07:19 PM
    I have the six it's fine I have iOS 8 on my 5s it's fine lol. Honesty in love and happy! The 5s and 6 are my favorite iPhones.ever...mom has Android.many times and I'm glad in stayed... My 12 year old is happy lol she got my 5s oh man
    09-27-2014 09:06 PM
    That would have been 7.1 but that didn't get released until almost 6 months after ios 7 was first released.
    I remember 7.1 being a big change, especially in the battery department but I don't believe I waited THAT long once I saw the little annoyances go away.
    09-27-2014 09:09 PM
    I've yet to receive my 6+ but I've read over on macrumors forums that a lot of people are experiencing lag with the 6+. Anyone here noticing this as well?
    People at macrumors have problems with everything.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-27-2014 09:29 PM
    I came from a 5, so the plus seems pretty speedy to me. Haven't noticed much if any lag. I am waiting for iOS8/plus optimized apps, though. Also, seems to be running better than my iPad Air does with iOS 8.
    09-27-2014 09:38 PM
    Certain apps lag for me, mostly Google apps. Google now, for example, runs poorly on my plus. Most other apps run smoothly.
    09-27-2014 09:49 PM
    Certain apps lag for me, mostly Google apps. Google now, for example, runs poorly on my plus. Most other apps run smoothly.
    Thank you. I was wondering if others were experiencing lag issues with Google Now on their Plus. I use Google Now all the time and hope they update it quick!
    09-27-2014 10:09 PM
    Thank you. I was wondering if others were experiencing lag issues with Google Now on their Plus. I use Google Now all the time and hope they update it quick!
    I use it a lot too, Google took about three weeks last time the screen size shifted to update and support 4" phones, so within a couple weeks it should be fixed.
    Xm_jdm likes this.
    09-27-2014 10:12 PM
    Well hopefully it is a software issue that can be ironed out!
    09-28-2014 11:20 AM
    Same here. And the Facebook app irks me to no end with the black screen when opening. I'll just use Facebook on safari until the app gets updated again
    09-28-2014 12:06 PM
    Its silly to think its the hardware.

What does the iPad air and iPhone 6 plus have in common? They render content, natively, at the same resolution. The iPad air is very smooth, yet it has a slower, older processor. Therefore, logically, the iPhone 6 plus shouldn't have a problem.

Thus....it a software issue, most likely with iOS8. Andantech showed a slight decrease in benchmarks in some areas with the iPhone 6 plus compared to the iPhone 6, but is also outpaced the iPhone 6 in others.

It seems likely the problem will be fixed in the future.
    Last edited by BlueGoldAce; 10-01-2014 at 01:02 PM.
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    10-01-2014 12:12 PM
    The A7 powers the iPad Air which is a similar resolution that the iPhone 6 plus renders before sending it to a scalar go get down converted to 1080. The a8 is around 20% more powerful then the a7 gpu wise. It's either a software problem or a scalar problem (extremely unlikely). It's a brand new gpu on a brand new iOS graphics engine. (They wrote a separate one for the 6450). If anyone has ever played the battlefield series knows that there is a massive difference a tiny bit of tweaking can make.
    IIJBII likes this.
    10-01-2014 12:40 PM
34 12