IPhone 6+ lags??

jayv1717

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to receive my 6+ but I've read over on macrumors forums that a lot of people are experiencing lag with the 6+. Anyone here noticing this as well?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If they're getting lag or not, it's due to iOS 8 which still needs a bit of time to be tuned up. Hasn't much to do with the hardware. Give Apple a chance to fine-tune the OS for a phone that has only been released for a week now. Just enjoy your phone when you get it and don't worry about what other people are experiencing. Have your own experience with it and see how it goes.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am noticing a little lag here and there that I do not have on my iPhone 6 ... I would agree that it is likely related to software. It's not bad enough to be a issue and I am sure they will get it smoothed out.

jayv1717

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
If they're getting lag or not, it's due to iOS 8 which still needs a bit of time to be tuned up. Hasn't much to do with the hardware. Give Apple a chance to fine-tune the OS for a phone that has only been released for a week now. Just enjoy your phone when you get it and don't worry about what other people are experiencing. Have your own experience with it and see how it goes.

I agree I just found it interesting that 6+ owners noticed lagging and 6 owners did not. Would hate to see the iPad 3 situation pop up with 6+

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I agree I just found it interesting that 6+ owners noticed lagging and 6 owners did not. Would hate to see the iPad 3 situation pop up with 6+

The ipad 3 was a lemon in its own right because the processor couldn't handle the retina screen which caused all the heating and battery issues.

You certainly would see all those cases popping up by now with the 6 Plus.

Another thing to remember is that plenty of 3rd party apps need updating for not only iOS 8, but also the 6 and 6+ screen.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed any significant lag at all. There is a very small lag upon launch of some apps, but I figure an iOS 8 compatibility update and/or an optimized for 6+ update will fix that - in my experience iPhone apps take a split second longer on my iPad and I think it's a scaling thing there too.

I haven't noticed lag in the native apps, personally.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
It's not an ios8 issue. I've done side by side comparisons and the iPhone 5s running iOS 8 clearly moves between apps and normal processes faster. I love the phone but there is undoubtedly some lag with it. More than there should be for their a brand new phone, especially considering it's slower than my iPhone 5s running iOS 8 as well as even my iPhone 5 running iOS 7

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
It's an iOS 8/iPhone 6 Plus compatibly issue*

Yeah I'm hoping that's it. It seems strange though that a brand new phone which is supposed to be basically Apple's ultimate phone would have issues that the regular iPhone 6 would not. Though I'm hoping that it is software completely, a part of me tells me that it's hardware as well. If the processors are the same, the RAM is the same, yet the display is bigger and better, wouldn't the plus be trying harder, so to say, to accomplish tasks ? I experienced this firsthand on my iPad 3, which was basically an iPad 2 with a much better display. It lagged like crazy from the beginning. People said it was software, but it ended up just being the hardware, and they discontinued production of it just months after I got it and came out with a new iPad which could sufficiently power the display. I'm fearful of a similar situation happening here. The phone is manageable and fully functional, but it's difficult to accept my phones 1-2 generations behind this one clearly running smoother in every area from 3rd party apps right down to native apps and even the home screen, etc

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I would say that any lag on my phone is due to apps not being made for the 6 plus. I can see some of the apps being resized in a dark screen.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Little lag here but nothing major. The posts here say it all. Apple needs to get a little more fine tuning done. I can't remember which version of iOS7 it was but it cleared up A LOT of the minor bugs that were experienced after it launched.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Little lag here but nothing major. The posts here say it all. Apple needs to get a little more fine tuning done. I can't remember which version of iOS7 it was but it cleared up A LOT of the minor bugs that were experienced after it launched.

That would have been 7.1 but that didn't get released until almost 6 months after ios 7 was first released.

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the six it's fine I have iOS 8 on my 5s it's fine lol. Honesty in love and happy! The 5s and 6 are my favorite iPhones.ever...mom has Android.many times and I'm glad in stayed... My 12 year old is happy lol she got my 5s oh man

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
That would have been 7.1 but that didn't get released until almost 6 months after ios 7 was first released.

I remember 7.1 being a big change, especially in the battery department but I don't believe I waited THAT long once I saw the little annoyances go away.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I came from a 5, so the plus seems pretty speedy to me. Haven't noticed much if any lag. I am waiting for iOS8/plus optimized apps, though. Also, seems to be running better than my iPad Air does with iOS 8.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Certain apps lag for me, mostly Google apps. Google now, for example, runs poorly on my plus. Most other apps run smoothly.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Certain apps lag for me, mostly Google apps. Google now, for example, runs poorly on my plus. Most other apps run smoothly.

Thank you. I was wondering if others were experiencing lag issues with Google Now on their Plus. I use Google Now all the time and hope they update it quick!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR