Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello, first post here.
Picked up my 6+ yesterday morning.
Let the battery die last night, when I plugged it in (to the USB on my PC) it kept starting, showing the Apple logo, vibrating twice, then restarting and then doing the same again.Must have done that about 15 times before I decided to plug it into the wall socket.
Did the same once, then started as normal.
Only charged it a couple of percent, let it die, then plugged it into my Mac Mini and again,started, couple of vibes,then off , next time it started normally.

Someone else said they had the same thing with their iPad. I do have an iPad but only ever charge by wall plug anyway so maybe just never noticed?

Im sure in the past when I had iPhones, 4S and below, you just plugged it in, 5 minutes later you get the connect sound and it would boot up normally

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I never plugged into my computer when it had no battery left- what happens when you plug it into computer when the battery has battery power left

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Its fine then.
Obviously yesterday was the first time I had let the battery run down so don't know if that is how it is...it doesnt seem right, but then is it the phone? or the PCs USB?

And as said above, same scenario on the Mac Mini, and it did it once but then started as normal BUT should it do that at all?
If its a known thing then not a problem, its just that I have never had that happen with any other device ,iphone or otherwise.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you need to plug your phone in to a wall socket after it goes to 0.

Your PC is not going to put out enough power, period.

Also, you shouldn't run the battery down to 0. It's not good for Lithium cells.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
That's a sign the device doesn't have the battery charged enough to run.... if/when you go to zero on battery, you need to plug in, and leave it alone until it is sufficiently charged to operate - and may even come to life on its own when it is... and this too may be a sign that your computer's USB power supply does not provide sufficient current to be able to charge and operate an iPhone6+

saldawop

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you need to plug your phone in to a wall socket after it goes to 0.

Your PC is not going to put out enough power, period.

Also, you shouldn't run the battery down to 0. It's not good for Lithium cells.

To be honest I had 2% and thought I had enough. I was literally walking upstairs to go to bed, and it just died on me. I don't make a habit of it, but will admit I have never heard that it is bad for the battery to let it die.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I had 2% and thought I had enough. I was literally walking upstairs to go to bed, and it just died on me. I don't make a habit of it, but will admit I have never heard that it is bad for the battery to let it die.

Here's a good explanation.

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

Generally speaking, you should avoid completely discharging a Lithium cell; it reduces the life of the battery.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's a good explanation.

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

Generally speaking, you should avoid completely discharging a Lithium cell; it reduces the life of the battery.
iPhones shut down before it gets to that level. It may be at 1% or at .5%, but they won't go completely dead that way. Apple made then so that won't happen. I generally charge at around 20% to 25%.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

tomklyn

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed the 6+ when dead and you try to turn it on the screen is just black doesn't show the screen saying to change it but when you plug in the charger it shows the dead battery screen

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed the 6+ when dead and you try to turn it on the screen is just black doesn't show the screen saying to change it but when you plug in the charger it shows the dead battery screen

The phone requires power to light up the screen to show the dead battery condition. If there is no power left, the screen is incapable of displaying any information, including the dead battery message/icon.

tomklyn

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The phone requires power to light up the screen to show the dead battery condition. If there is no power left, the screen is incapable of displaying any information, including the dead battery message/icon.

The thing is the backlight comes on
I do recall my 5s once it shut off and tried to turn it on the display would show the plug into charger screen

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW