Iphone 6 plus battery percentage issue

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
From my experience I wouldn't restore unless its from the same model phone backup (my opinion and my personal experiences) you cannot guarantee its going to be the same. Besides the reason for restoring is something isn't quite right and chances are its in your last backup. YMMV.

Arturo2892

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I've restored as new but it's still happening. It happens more under 50%. 26% drops down to 24% etc. hangs for ages on 19%. Although the percentages are erratic and only on certain percentages, I am still getting a decent battery life, it's just a annoying glitch that I believe is iOS 8 bug. There must be other people noticing this too. I might just turn the percentage off until it's fixed.

I'm also having the exact same problem as you both are having! I just bought my iPhone 6 like two weeks ago and the battery % drops from 61 to 59 and so on from the other numbers you mentioned. I'm hoping as well this is a bug or glitch from iOS 8 :(

Amit Manglani

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Dear Arturo im facing the same issue on my iPhone 6 as I m facing it since i bought it
Now I m on 8.1.3 but nothing helped
Please advice me what to do now

Amit Manglani

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Dear Moloes please help me to get out of this situation
My battery also Falling by 2 percent
71 to 69 and so on
How u fixed ur problem
Please give me ur precious comments

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Dear Moloes please help me to get out of this situation
My battery also Falling by 2 percent
71 to 69 and so on
How u fixed ur problem
Please give me ur precious comments

I'm suffering the same problem. It's a bug with iOS, I've tried everything but nothin has worked, so it's a waiting game for apple to hopefully squash that bug eventually.

John Lee21

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue with u. All i did was format the iphone 6 plus twice by going into general> reset> Erace All Content and Setting
the reason i format it twice is to remove bugs left behind from the previous format. Now everything works fine battery drop by 1 percent always.
hope this helps u with ur problem.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that this evening on mine, yet last night I let my battery drain completely and it stayed at 1% for like 3 hours before it dies. I really don't believe percentages aren't all that accurate much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that this evening on mine, yet last night I let my battery drain completely and it stayed at 1% for like 3 hours before it dies. I really don't believe percentages aren't all that accurate much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The % in the status bar behaves like the gas gauge in my car. I don't pay much attention to it. When my phone warns me my battery is low, then I charge it up. The % is an indicator. None are truly accurate. Some appear to be more accurate than others. But anyone who obsesses with it should turn it off in settings. My iP 5 has a waning battery. The % icon amuses me. I was at 73% today and took 4 photos while on cellular data. The % icon dropped from 73% to 1% after the 4th photo. I turned the phone off. After I got home it was at 67%. Go figure! For the most part it's an approximation. It helps to calibrate, but not much. It is what it is. I think the older and more worn out batteries have the worst % issues.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The % in the status bar behaves like the gas gauge in my car. I don't pay much attention to it. When my phone warns me my battery is low, then I charge it up. The % is an indicator. None are truly accurate. Some appear to be more accurate than others. But anyone who obsesses with it should turn it off in settings. My iP 5 has a waning battery. The % icon amuses me. I was at 73% today and took 4 photos while on cellular data. The % icon dropped from 73% to 1% after the 4th photo. I turned the phone off. After I got home it was at 67%. Go figure! For the most part it's an approximation. It helps to calibrate, but not much. It is what it is. I think the older and more worn out batteries have the worst % issues.

I think this is the most accurate post described in sheer elegance that I've ever seen regarding the battery percent thing.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
This issue is so freaking annoying. It always seems to be when the phone is as something 1% so for example 81% to 79%. 71% to 69%

It drives me frigging nuts

trebor8806

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like you need to take it in and get the battery replaced. Apple will do it for free without AppleCare. Only for the iPhone 5, though.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely a software bug. I've known people who have had replaced iPhones and restored the phone as new like I did but still have the problem.

Emma 94

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Is this still a problem in iOs9? I have the 5c with one of the iOs 8's, not sure which.. Havent updated it yet and seen whether its still a problem. Mine drops from 61% to 59% pretty much every time i charge it, is it definitely a software problem not a problem with the actual phone? Would be good to know.

Many thanks to any replies :) x

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Is this still a problem in iOs9? I have the 5c with one of the iOs 8's, not sure which.. Havent updated it yet and seen whether its still a problem. Mine drops from 61% to 59% pretty much every time i charge it, is it definitely a software problem not a problem with the actual phone? Would be good to know.

Many thanks to any replies :) x

Since iOS 9 the battery percentage jumping is no longer an issue.

Maskoob Talib

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
i have an iphone 6 updated to ios 8.4 i am facing a problem of unusual battery drainage from 71 to 60, 61 to 59, 28 to 26, 16 to 14. please help me out. Is it really a fault? hoping for a response

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73