Iphone 6 plus battery percentage issue

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Since receiving my iphone 6 plus last Friday and restoring from my iphone 5 back up. I have noticed that the percentage goes down normal for a while 1% at a time and then it will drop 2%. I've notice it do that 4 or 5 times a day when I'm using it. it will state 61%, check a minute later and it's 59%.

Would you recommend a fresh install not from back up?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since receiving my iphone 6 plus last Friday and restoring from my iphone 5 back up. I have noticed that the percentage goes down normal for a while 1% at a time and then it will drop 2%. I've notice it do that 4 or 5 times a day when I'm using it. it will state 61%, check a minute later and it's 59%.

Would you recommend a fresh install not from back up?

I am a big fan of setting a device up as new, especially on a new device, so yes, give it a try and see if things improve.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm a little different because I don't care about standby and usage because I use my phone very heavy so as long as it gets me through the day then I'm happy

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I've never noticed this but I keep my battery percentage off so I'm not constantly checking it,been doing this on my devices for about a year, keeps me from charging before I need to and worrying about how much percentage gets lost by my activity.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Are you going to live with it or restore as new?

I have a ton of photos stored in icloud that I really want to keep, along with the contacts and everything else. I hate using iTunes, so I guess I'm out of luck lol. I'd really like to just restore it as a new phone. Not sure if it's placebo, but I really think that it gives the phone a fresh, zippier feel with less issues. Some of the issues im having, I'm waiting to see if future iOS updates fix them. If not, I'll have to just go for it and set it up as new

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a ton of photos stored in icloud that I really want to keep, along with the contacts and everything else. I hate using iTunes, so I guess I'm out of luck lol. I'd really like to just restore it as a new phone. Not sure if it's placebo, but I really think that it gives the phone a fresh, zippier feel with less issues. Some of the issues im having, I'm waiting to see if future iOS updates fix them. If not, I'll have to just go for it and set it up as new

Contacts and calendar info etc carry over with your Apple ID, it's everything else you lose that's the problem. I will back up my pictures to my google drive and do a back up to iCloud. Restore as new and if it still continues to drop randomly 2% occasionally I will restore my back up and wait to see if a fix comes out with iOS.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Contacts and calendar info etc carry over with your Apple ID, it's everything else you lose that's the problem. I will back up my pictures to my google drive and do a back up to iCloud. Restore as new and if it still continues to drop randomly 2% occasionally I will restore my back up and wait to see if a fix comes out with iOS.

Good idea. I will look into google drive. Main issue for me is that I don't have a fully functioning computer and use primarily my iPhone (which is why going for the 6 plus was a no brainier) and iPad. Over the next couple days I think I will try what you're doing

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Good idea. I will look into google drive. Main issue for me is that I don't have a fully functioning computer and use primarily my iPhone (which is why going for the 6 plus was a no brainier) and iPad. Over the next couple days I think I will try what you're doing

I will restore as new tomorrow and report back my findings.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Actually I have another question, since most of you are much more knowledgeable than I am lol. Basically what I want is to have my thousands of photos stored on my phone and my icloud available to edit/print/upload to a comp whenever I want. Ideally, I would like to delete them from the phone whenever I want so that I don't use up all of my 64gb with old photos. I want them stored in the cloud, but don't want to have to keep them all on my phone to do so. With icloud backup and cloud backup in general, it is dependent on my backing up to iCloud consistently and would have to keep all of these photos on my phone and then would not be available to print from a computer unless I stick with that updated, current iCloud backup. I guess the best solution for me would be to buy a device such as "mycloud" that stores to a hard drive as well as the cloud ?

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Actually I have another question, since most of you are much more knowledgeable than I am lol. Basically what I want is to have my thousands of photos stored on my phone and my icloud available to edit/print/upload to a comp whenever I want. Ideally, I would like to delete them from the phone whenever I want so that I don't use up all of my 64gb with old photos. I want them stored in the cloud, but don't want to have to keep them all on my phone to do so. With icloud backup and cloud backup in general, it is dependent on my backing up to iCloud consistently and would have to keep all of these photos on my phone and then would not be available to print from a computer unless I stick with that updated, current iCloud backup. I guess the best solution for me would be to buy a device such as "mycloud" that stores to a hard drive as well as the cloud ?

There are a few online clous storage offerings. Some only come with small amount of storage for free. I would use Google Drive to upload all my pictures to and access them on your computer. You can download them to your computer from the Google Drive website. You get 25gb storage for free with Google Drive but you might to pay for more storage. Might as well try it for free and if it suits your needs then pay for more storage. Hope this answers your question.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Ah sounds good, thank you Karen and moloes I just downloaded the Google drive app. I have another 2 questions !

1.) Is there a way to do a complete backup of all my images, then delete them from my phone to save the space, but then backup again to Google drive/icloud and have it KEEP the photos from the full photo backup and also do a backup of the new photos on my phone ? My fear is always that If I do a backup of my device, then delete the photos, then do another backup, it will keep the "revised version" of the backup, which would be without the original tons of photos

2.) When using Google Drive, is there a way to do a complete backup of my camera roll without clicking each individual one ? (I didn't see an option to backup everything)

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
i went to the apple store the other day to restore it as new.

its working perfectly now! no buggy at all!! so id recommend you to do the same. the guy said that setting it up with a backup it would make the phone buggy sometimes.

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me too when I was at 81% it went to 79%. But only once. Next time it was at 81% and it was normal.

I believe the battery MaH does fluctuate. I noticed this too on my MBP, since using coconut battery app, I see it go up and down (the full charge capacity that is). So I would assume that is the case with the iPhone battery as well.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to backup to iCloud and restore as new. Give it a few days and if all is well, jobs a gudden. If not I will restore my back up and blame iOS.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I've restored as new and while draining battery down to below 10% it dropped 2% 3 times. This doesn't look promising.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Since my restore as new it dropped 2% from 61% to 59% missing out 60%. It does linger for longer on 61% before it drops. I do hope this is an iOS issue. I know it's only minor but still annoying. Please could anyone running iOS 8 keep me updated if they are also experiencing this. Especially when it gets to 61% and see if it drops 2% in one hit as this is where it always seems to happen. Thanks.

Edit. Also it jumps up in 2% increments when charging from 59% to 61%. Why only certain percentages I'm not sure it's strange.

Last edited: