iPhone 6 Plus 8.0.2 Update does not fix 3rd Party Keyboard Bug

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that when using a 3rd party keyboard, that is will go back to the stock keyboard when entering a password. I heard that 8.0.2 was supposed to fix that, but I still get that problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Personally I like the idea of the stock keyboard for passwords, not keen on those keystrokes being transmitted, stored or whatever, and used to generate suggestions or predictions.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't think this is a bug. Like kd said, we believe it is to keep any sensitive information from going to the cloud.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey, it actually is a bug, your information does not get transmitted to anyone when using another keyboard... Apple does not allow that. Here's the change log for the update.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411711346.800266.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey, it actually is a bug, your information does not get transmitted to anyone when using another keyboard... Apple does not allow that. Here's the change log for the update.
View attachment 66270

Sorry my friend Passcode is different than Password. Yes 3rd party keyboards do transmit data back to their developers if you allow them to do so. I agree with Apple make me use the default keyboard so my password isn't potentially added to a cracking list.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Oh OK. I didn't know that was how apple did it. Thanks for the clarification. That makes so much more sense now.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
A bit off topic, but has anyone had their keyboard word corrects on top (stock keyboard) disappear completely and be replaced with why looks like a rectangular small gray box but nothing there ?

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
A bit off topic, but has anyone had their keyboard word corrects on top (stock keyboard) disappear completely and be replaced with why looks like a rectangular small gray box but nothing there ?

No. My bug was that the 3rd party keyboard wouldn't stick and would always revert to stock. The update seems to have fixed that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2