Screen protectors or no?

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
The 5S was the first time I went without a protector. I had watched a YouTube video showing the 5S being dropped on gravelly surfaces and suffering no scratches. So I figured it was pretty tough. Turns out after a year of use to be true. I did use the Apple leather case to protect it. It has taken a handful of spills to the pavement over the last year. I still might use a screen protector for my 6 Plus though. For some reason I feel like the larger surface area might lead to issues.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I just phoned Apple and added AppleCare plus to my phone just for the ability to use it caseless or to have the option of having no screen protector and not have to worry should it get scratched or damaged I can just go get a new one

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what to do yet. I want to be able to put a Lifeproof Nuud on it, eventually. I was a faithful Zagg user up till halfway through the 4S's life, but it was getting peely, and too much trouble to replace, so I took it off. I was careful to keep the phone alone in my pocket, or not facing anything scratchy in my purse. It's been at least a year and still scratch-free. I love it so much, without...

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I used to swear by invisible shield since my HTC Evo and used it on many devices after that. Last year I switched to iPhone with the 5S and also started using Tech Armor HD and it does not dim the screen like a lot of them do. Got one on the 6 I'm using now and will put one on my new 6+ I'm picking up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoyouFanBoyBro

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I just phoned Apple and added AppleCare plus to my phone just for the ability to use it caseless or to have the option of having no screen protector and not have to worry should it get scratched or damaged I can just go get a new one

Hey man how does that work ? Like can I get that right now after the fact. ? And if there's a scratch you can replace ?

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey man how does that work ? Like can I get that right now after the fact. ? And if there's a scratch you can replace ?

I believe you have to add AppleCare+ within the 60 days of the purchase of the device. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. However, I'm not sure what the criteria is to get a replacement.

Here is some of the basic information: AppleCare+ for iPhone - Apple Store (U.S.)

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Ive heard that you have 30 days to purchase AppleCare+ to take advantage of the $79 (formerly $49 though) 2 time hardware replacement. Though on the website, it also says you have one year from purchase with limited benefits. I'm thinking this means that you cannot replace it due to damage but still get phone support? A little confusing, yes

maj71303

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I posted this already in the pay it forward thread. I have 3 Tempered glass screen protectors for the iP6+ for free to the first 3 people that want them. USA Only.

PM me if you want one.

Last edited:

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I had a screen protector on my iPhone 4. It made me crazy. I removed it and I haven't used one since

Do you get any scratches? I've always used screen protectors but would like to go "naked". I'm just worried about scratching the screen.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you get any scratches? I've always used screen protectors but would like to go "naked". I'm just worried about scratching the screen.

Nope. I’ve never used one (save about 5-6 days with my iPhone 4), and no scratches on any of my devices. Ever. Just treat it well and you’re good to go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh