No iPhone 6/6Plus in Stock Anywhere! (Rant)

Starchest

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I've been wanting to pick up a new iPhone before I leave on Oct. 4 on a trip.

I've gone to the Apple Store 3 out of the last 4 days and check pickup availability every 15 minutes (seriously). And not once there has been stock of ANY T-Mobile 6 or 6 plus of any color or capacity since launch day in any of the stores "near" me, which are about 20 in 4 different states. Not ONE!

When buying my 5S I had the WORST costumer service experience with T-Mobile and told myself I would never do business directly with them again. But I couldn't resist and called some T-Mobile stores this morning, one had at least a couple of 64GB 6's in Space Grey. I ran there and waited for about 45 min just so they could tell me they "weren't allowed" to sell me the phone at full retail price for at least a couple of months. REALLY T-Mobile?

More than 10 million phones sold and not even one can show up in my area. :(

Anyways, I know it's a useless thread. I just wanted to rant my frustration. I find it hard to believe that with so many millions of phones sold and in the market, I'm unable to get one. :(

EDIT: Couldn't pre-order as my credit card got stolen and I didn't get the new one until last Friday.

Last edited:

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
try checking stock right around midnight on the apple store....If I remember correctly thats when they update for the next day. But you have to be quick cause they are going fast.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Be patient my friend. They are out there. I checked yesterday or the day before (I can't remember) and every Apple Store around me (Atlanta) had stock of the 6's. They didn't have the 6 Plus but like I said, they are out there. I would think you could score one before your trip.. just stay persistent.

Good luck. :)

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I was able to snag a Plus, 64GB today. I refreshed the Apple Store at 4am, and voila. I'm playing with it now.

Keep your head up. You'll find one.

Starchest

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I was able to snag a Plus, 64GB today. I refreshed the Apple Store at 4am, and voila. I'm playing with it now.

Keep your head up. You'll find one.

Lucky you! That's good to hear. I normally ckeck until 12:30am and then start the next day at 6-7am again. I guess I'll have to wake up earlier!

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It seems like somewhat of a crapshoot, but it's worth a shot.

I pre-ordered through T-Mobile, so who knows when I'll ever see that phone. If it comes in, I'll likely just sell the phone I got today on EBay.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The Tmobile model was the only one they didn't have when I went the other day...apparently it cane be easily ported over for use in asian countries, so they are being purchased in such large quantities by so many individual people they can't keep them stocked.

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
With all of these stories about the 6+ being so hard to get right now I feel lucky to have my T-mobile 6+. :big-hug:

But, they are coming in every day. So that means less and less people are going to need them every day. I'm sure if you keep checking everyday you're going to have one before you know it.

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you just get the Verizon version? It's the exact same version and is unlocked, cost the same and has higher resale value :)

Starchest

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you just get the Verizon version? It's the exact same version and is unlocked, cost the same and has higher resale value :)

Try radio shack,car toys,best buy,apple,SAMs club,super target and super walmart

Thanks both for the help. The reason I don't get a Verizon one is because I can't buy one at full price at an Apple Store, or in Verizon for that matter since I don't have my plan with them. Also, I think BestBuy etc carry only At&t, Verizon and Sprint models.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks both for the help. The reason I don't get a Verizon one is because I can't buy one at full price at an Apple Store, or in Verizon for that matter since I don't have my plan with them. Also, I think BestBuy etc carry only At&t, Verizon and Sprint models.

Tell Verizon that you're buying the phone as a gift for someone who has Verizon. They should let you buy it at full retail then. They might as for the number of your friend, but if they do, just give them the number of someone you know with Verizon and tell them that it's a surprise. That's what I used to do before I had Verizon and I have heard of people doing it with the 6 and 6 Plus as well.

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I placed my order on Friday. Yesterday the T-Mobile store in my local mall got a shipment of only the 6's. A guy walked right in off the street and brought one. I don't know how he knew about the shipment arrival time. The store would not share that information with me. They just told me it would sometime in November before the 6+ is arrive. My order says backordered with no shipping date or time.

jayp4969

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if they do it anymore but back in my crack berry days you could have best buy order a phone for you. Pretty sure you have to go into the store and ask for someone to do it manually but that's how I used to get preorder phones for tmo...

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Lucky you! That's good to hear. I normally ckeck until 12:30am and then start the next day at 6-7am again. I guess I'll have to wake up earlier!
I just found out about this website, which not only checks for in-store availability, but also lets you sign up for an e-mail alert. It's just an e-mail, not an SMS, but at least it's something...

SEATURTLE.ORG - iDevice Availability Notifier

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen