Are glass Screen Protectors worth it?

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So I am shopping for a screen protector and case for my incoming Plus, but wanted to get some input on the different type of protectors.

I've used many different protectors on my phones in the past, but never tried a "glass" screen before. Are they worth it? I've used 'best skins ever' and 'zagg' full body wraps (screen and body) as well as the matte protectors they sell in the Apple store.

So those of you who use the glass protectors, are they worth it? Or is a regular matte/crystal screen protector the move to make?

I see Zagg has a glass and so does Spigen (as well as others I assume), and because of all the options available, I am not sure which direction to go and order. And was also wondering if these glass screen protectors allow for a case to be put on the phone.

Thanks.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've always been a fan of the Spigen stuff. It's never failed on me before. Even after two years (from 5 at launch to 5S today), my Spigen case and screen protector look almost like new.

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I've never understood the desire for screen protectors, personally.
Screens these days are quite scratch proof on their own.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to get a screen protector for my new 6 plus. I don't have one currently for my 5S and the screen doesn't have a scratch on it and I have dropped it a few times.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I've never understood the desire for screen protectors, personally.
Screens these days are quite scratch proof on their own.

Unless your screen is made out of diamonds and you baby the **** out of your device your screen will scratch without a screen protector. Even if it's minute scratches that aren't visible with the screen on they are still there.

Many people like to keep their device in top condition to get the most moolah when they do sell.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Unless your screen is made out of diamonds and you baby the **** out of your device your screen will scratch without a screen protector. Even if it's minute scratches that aren't visible with the screen on they are still there.

Many people like to keep their device in top condition to get the most moolah when they do sell.

Exactly the reason I put it in a case with a screen protector. I managed to sell 5 for ?40 less than I bought if for and will likely do the same with my 5S if my GF doesn't want it.

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I would say yes for glass screen protectors. Look for those with good oleophobic coating and they'll feel as nice to the touch as going naked.

While it's true that most glass screens are pretty durable and resistant to daily wear and tear, I have seen scratches on even the latest gorilla glass screens from careless owners. Also micro scratches may still show up over time due to the wear on the coating on the phone's glass screen. To me glass screen protectors are a minor investment that keeps the screen clear and perfect at all time. When the glass screen protector gets worn out, I just replace them and it's good as new. If it was the actual phone that got scratched, it would cost way more to replace.

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I'll be getting one for my 6+ tomorrow. I was gonna get a Spigen one. I've used them multiple times before in the last few years so I was going to continue to support them. Sadly it seems they are not out yet. So I'm going to go with zagg. Just because I can go to a local best buy and pick one up.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I was gonna go glass but saw too many horrid "it broke" already on my 6+ reviews on bestbuy.com so I went with the HDX Zagg instead.... just my 2? worth on this.. they look amazing

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I use a brand called pthink on Amazon and they are very good quality and have not paid over 15 for it so they are a great deal. They do not yet have one for the 6+ so I had to buy the Zagg glass today since I received my 6+. It is nice but $40 is too expensive for a tempered glass protector IMO, but it does fit nicely and does the job. Depends on if you can wait for the rest to hit Amazon or ebay.

mvpilot172

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
How are the Zagg or Spigen glass protector widths? I see pics and they look about a mm too thin to cover the LCD. I just may go with the cheap tech armor plastic ones for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox